Recent content by MiniMe

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. MiniMe

non bicycle bike items

New Departure acually did bearings for a lot of things than just bicycles. My dad's 57 Apache, the front wheel bearings and races were New Departure
  2. MiniMe

Upstate South Carolina and western North Carolina

NSCCC North/South Carolina Cycle Club? name ideas!
  3. MiniMe

Was drag racing really that big?

Gassers!! Frontend jacked- metal flaked monsters. my dad has one and the South East (U.S.) has the most in the entire country... I love gassers
  4. MiniMe

Thought this was cool

Burn'em Down! belt driven too, but look at the headlight on that!
  5. MiniMe

Thought this was cool

OG MC burn outs..... the look on the mans face completes the picture Gettin' down with it :cool2:
  6. MiniMe

Since last seen...

Its been a while since I have updated the bike here, but I have added many things and one major piece to the bike. Added a trailer, pinstriping (real, by hand pinstriping) and accents, a fully working light set, and a few other pieces. And my roadies made the cut: mid 70's...
  7. MiniMe

Bonding Steel to Aluminum

Bolt it? lol :21:. Epoxy really works well with plastics, because it bonds them together, but I have never tried with steel and aluminum. I know 3M is top quality stuff, so anything to try would be it.
  8. MiniMe

27 on a 26

Tried something similar to this. I have an old AMF scorcher (26 in)and had to run a 27 rear rim for a short time, but the rear pads didnt reach no matter what :headbang:. If you have this problem, you could build a bracket for the brake caliper :39:.
  9. MiniMe

newbie here from columbia, sc

Welcoming from the upstate!
  10. MiniMe

Finding stuff while riding

there are those bb guns/pistols that use co2 and kids posibly shooting the guns around?
  11. MiniMe

Upstate South Carolina and western North Carolina

CBC Carolina Bike Club? North and South Carolina?
  12. MiniMe

Generator Issues

Yes, the power and ground were both making contact and the multi-meter never ever showed any change in current or resistance
  13. MiniMe

Generator Issues

I have a mid-70s AMF scorcher light set and generator off the fully riding bike (full light set and aluminum rear rack)...which I got for free :rockout:. I know the rear light works and the rear light wiring is great (this bike sat outside for almost 12 years), but the generator isnt putting out...
  14. MiniMe

Wheel Idea

Yes copper plating, but couldnt you just do a few clear coats and keep it from tarnishing?
Back