Recent content by loudboys

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. loudboys

Countdown to RRBBO-9! ...START!

This year, I'm going heavy (well, in a middleweight sort of way). I've had a Silver Flyer stashed in the basement for quite a while, and I've got a tentative plan.
  2. loudboys

VOTE HERE! - TRADITIONAL

Rat Rod Bike: Art for art's sake, ground based human powered transportation, recycled division.
  3. loudboys

VOTE HERE! - TRADITIONAL

The actual phrase was "geeky guys in garages". It's just not the same without the alliteration. :P
  4. loudboys

Full View

Unbelievably cool.
  5. loudboys

Stock Isn't - 40/41 Elgin

I love this bike!
  6. loudboys

CCC Project

Thanks! The Barracuda went away in 1992. We had gotten serious about autocrossing, and I didn't feel right about cutting up such a nice old 'cuda to turn it into a race car, so we sold it.
  7. loudboys

VOTE HERE! - TRADITIONAL

OK, so I'm gonna post what everybody's thinking; Rat Rod, have you managed to identify the slime that harassed Fordsnake, and hopefully severely chastise him (and possibly worse, like bannage)? I don't want to know who it was, but I hope you got him.
  8. loudboys

VOTE HERE! - TRADITIONAL

Thanks! And I have to say, your engineering exercise has great style. :mrgreen:
  9. loudboys

VOTE HERE! - TRADITIONAL

That sums things up nicely. :D
  10. loudboys

VOTE HERE! - TRADITIONAL

This year seems more diverse than some previous years, in style (a few years ago we had a B/O that seemed to be 90% board trackers) and substance. I think splitting off the Anything Goes entries benefitted the diversity in the Traditional group, allowing the Traditionals to be more about style...
  11. loudboys

VOTE HERE! - TRADITIONAL

Brentley, votes or no votes, your bike is great. I do have one question; how does the name refer to northern California?
  12. loudboys

VOTE HERE! - TRADITIONAL

You've got a couple questions here. To answer the first, the B/O adds a little drama to what would otherwise be just a bunch of geeky guys in garages playing with old bicycles. If it's become the center of the forum, it's through natural selection. The second question is one I've seen on...
  13. loudboys

VOTE HERE! - TRADITIONAL

You smell seat posts? To each his own, but that's just TMI as far as I'm concerned. :mrgreen:
  14. loudboys

Who's ALREADY thinking about next years build?

Safely ensconced in my basement...a '58ish Silver Flyer. Nicely crusty, with tank, peaked fenders, chrome chainguard, and the ever popular star chainwheel. Still a cantilever (my preference), but probably the heaviest, chunkiest member of that breed. Fork's bent, so no inner conflict about...
Back