Recent content by Kevin B

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. Kevin B

Bike Memes

2. Kevin B

Mostly Garbage Day Eve Finds

This one was actually on Garbage Day, but on Market Place. An Electra, Towne 3S. Three speed coaster with a suspension fork. Got it for $20. All the shift linkage is toast. However, if I manually move the hub with the shift rod it transitions smoothly through all the gears. I think there is...
  3. Kevin B

Tips n Trix

Ha, ha, the guy that works on my security alarm (needful in Florida), saw it on my work bench and basically said the same thing.
  4. Kevin B

Tips n Trix

Couple of new items I should have added to my shop long ago. A 8 x 11" plastic grid that holds 158 1/4" drive hex bits. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07V5KQSVH/ref=sspa_mw_detail_2?ie=UTF8&psc=1&sp_csd=d2lkZ2V0TmFtZT1zcF9waG9uZV9kZXRhaWw Thread identifier, male and female thread sizer for metric...
  5. Kevin B

I love this, hope it works . . .

You know that's somebody from here photo bombing the Tour de France.
  6. Kevin B

Batteries and Chargers

Ulu you're a renaissance man. You always just go for it and tackle problems making discoveries along the way. I admire your skill and tenacity.👍
  7. Kevin B

I love this, hope it works . . .

Ok, which one of you all is this? https://www.vitalmtb.com/videos/member/Tour-de-France-Random-Wheelie-Guy-Winning,26493/csteen,28416
  8. Kevin B

Rustoleum new spray top = fail.

They put ours under lock and key because idiots sprayed it all over the shelves.
  9. Kevin B

Don Garlits Swamp Rat Bike

I sold this bike over the weekend. The buyer motorized it and sent me a picture. I don't know anything about motorized bikes.
  10. Kevin B

Matti Scores!!

Nice find.
  11. Kevin B

I Think I Just Became a Motorcycle Enthusiast

Another of the Michigan Mad Man.
  12. Kevin B

VINTAGE BICYCLE ADS

13. Kevin B

Tried lowering the saddle, also trying some nearly flat bars. Not sure if it looks better, it would need a smaller rider. Have the Moon tank mount finalized and added a braided "fuel line" Also made a more to scale fuel cap.
  14. Kevin B

I will not be riding this, I'm really starting to think it needs straight bars, and a lower seat. That will probably mean a parachute relocation.
  15. Kevin B

Wheelie bars finished. Repurposed some of the ss tubing truss rods I made, which I now used for bracing. Cut off the beveled ends I had ground which were dangerous. Made an axle, threaded on both ends for acorn nuts. Painted it silver instead of black because I don't know how many times I've...
Back