Recent content by Kenny B

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. K

Yet another spoke length question......

That sounds good to me. I'm in. Let me know what I can do to help.
  2. K

Thanks!! It much more encouraging going into this when you know someone has your back.
  3. K

While wheel building wasn't one of things on my bucket list, it's starting to sound more and more like it will be. I like a challenge and this little project offers one and with the encouragement I'm getting from you all it should make it much easier than going after it solo. I love the idea of...
  4. K

Thanks, for your help Monark and 808.....I'm going back to the 2X. The only reason I wanted the 1X was, because I liked the look. These are 12ga spokes on a E-hub. I know it was obvious (now, that I think about it). Thanks, for coming to my aid, guys. BTW, 808, I picked up my junk and I'm...
  5. K

I took a front and a rear wheel apart to have the rims powder coated. Since as long as I had the wheels apart I decided to replace the spokes and nipples with black ones. So, then, I figured as long I was at it I'd change the lacing pattern from a two cross pattern to a one cross pattern and I...
  6. K

Truss rod Q for the veteran builders

I sure hope not, Luke. I guess being a newbie here, I just wanted to make sure that I wasn't being perceived wrongly. I'm as humble as they get, but sometime with printed vs. verbal communication its hard to make a statement without sounding like someone your not. enough said....let's talk...
  7. K

Ren Man,... no! wait.... You THEE man! That is a work of art! How appropriate....toilet seat hinges=Rat Rod Bike What about the lower, support brackets? Are they from a toilet, too? Honestly, Ren, you have me tearing up.....Thank you, for your input. Regards, kenny PS. I hope I didn't come...
  8. K

Thanks, Drac. Very helpful information and great looking bike, TOO!
  9. K

You nailed it, Luke. That's the thread I've been searching for. Since you sent me this information I've attempted to make contact with Slowriderz and, if he still has them available, I plan on purchasing a few brackets. I'd also like to get a pair of the tapered rods as well. I'll keep you...
  10. K

Thanks, Gary. I'm really liking the idea of making my on, but the bracket is the bottleneck right now. After seeing a few on eBay and studying some of the great RRB members bikes, I've come up with a design that I think might work. I will draw it up and take to one of my buddies that has a CNC...
  11. K

Thanks guys. I knew I could depend on you for your advice and thoughts. I have access to tools and welders and enough experience in fabricating to be dangerous (grin), so it's more just a lack of knowledge, on my part, then anything else. I'd love to send pics of the bike (thanks, for asking...
  12. K

First off, I would like to say thanks to the members of RRB that take the time to help and offer their advice to the less experienced bike builders, like myself. One day, I hope I am in a position to repay this board, with my own experiences. Until then I will be counting on ya'all and your...
Back