Recent content by johnsmith

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. J

Homemade truing stand idea

Soo...once you are aware that your wheel is not "true", how do you fix it?
  2. J

From Russia with Love!

I really like the limo stretch. Very nice!+
  3. J

Hawthorne Javelin Wall Art Bike

Wow, I love that bike. If it wasn't for a customer, this would be an awesome project! Good luck!!
  4. J

Vintage Adult 20" DeSoto Trike Lowrider

UPDATE: Just a few more photos. I'm just having a difficult time installing the front brake. The fork stem is just too far away and at an angle. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
  5. J

Monark Rocket Modernization

Not a bad bike for the price. I look forward to seeing what you do with it!
  6. J

UPDATE: The build is almost finished. I've learned many things building this bike.. Plasti Dip Luxory is very difficult to use on a bicycle. It'd been my biggest bottleneck. Make sure all new parts fit the bike as soon as you get them. That way there are less days wasted with delays. Don't...
  7. J

Great idea!! Had I only saw this two days ago!! I decided it was a Mr. Dynamite ride. I ordered a decal already....but thank you for responding!!
  8. J

61 Tornado rebuild

Can you tell me more about your technique for the seat post? What exactly are you doing? I thought about doing the same, but I'm not sure how to approach it. Thanks.
  9. J

I need a name for this trike. I was thinking "Kind of Blue" (after a song by Miles Davis) when I was planning to paint it baby blue. Now, it's going to be REALLY dark blue. Any suggestions?
  10. J

UPDATE: I met with my new fabricator and showed him the sword-looking sprocket. He used that idea for the rear axles. He should have it all done by tomorrow. Let me know what you think.
  11. J

LOL...You aren't lying my friend!! I wasn't messing around when I said lowrider.
  12. J

UPDATE: Almost half way there. I just need to paint the frame and all three fenders and then reassemble. Let me know what you think thus far.
  13. J

UPDATE: I've made a new friend who does metallurgy/blacksmithing/fabrication. I created a design similar to something go-carts use...for a reasonable price. So far, I have everything I need to paint and then assemble the trike. Unfortunately, my customized axles won't be ready until next...
  14. J

It's a Trailmate DeSoto custom. I'm sure it's from the late 70s to late 80s.
Back