Recent content by Johnny Wolf

1. Johnny Wolf

26" Schwinn Forks Cut/Threaded for 20" Frames

Two sets of 26" Schwinn forks (only) cut down and threaded to fit 20" frames. For that C H O P P A' look. $45.00ea + the ride. Or, pick up in Ontario California.
  2. Johnny Wolf

Schwinn bikes ( post pics here )

I still have a '68 Stingray Jr I'm slowly working on, but here's a 2020 125th Anniversary Stingray with a 26" springer I'm currently buttoning up and riding. Started with just the frame. Still may repaint purple, I'm on the fence and in no hurry. In stock form.
  3. Johnny Wolf

Bring on your GREEN BIKES!!!

Kind of cheating since I bought it this way, back when it came out.
  4. Johnny Wolf

Electra Bicycle Pics

Purchased the day they came out, replaced the grips seat and pedals same day. Kind of wish I hadn't now, but I had no idea that after 17 years I'd still have it. Pic was taken about 4 years ago. Hanging out with Wolfy, my '41 Chevy pee-cup early this year. Posing with my youngest daughter's...
  5. Johnny Wolf

this morning pick on the back of farm truck2

Very nice score.
  6. Johnny Wolf

Need Some Assistance From The Chain Experts, Please

Nice, I had a chrome Mongoose with all red anno accents and gums. I busted the frame at the neck doing some very high jumps. Took all the goodies off and mounted them up to a Gary Little John "prototype" frame that I got my hands on. Man, I cant begin to imagine how much that would be worth...
  7. Johnny Wolf

Success! You hit the nail right on the head with regard to fine tolerance chains vrs. cheap chainrings. Worked like the champ, fell right into place. I learned a good lesson with this one, thanks.
  8. Johnny Wolf

Indeed!
  9. Johnny Wolf

Yeah the ConneX has a lot of good reviews, its really smooth on the Stingray, even with the cheap China components in the rear hub.
  10. Johnny Wolf

That particular new nickel chain (by ConneX) I bought originally for my other Schwinn project (below) which has a vintage 1976 46 tooth chainring and it works perfect. I noticed that the OEM chain that came installed on the new Schwinn (in the 1st post above) is a KMC, so I bought another same...
  11. Johnny Wolf

Interesting, I didn't think you could stretch a chain? I know that when they wear out they get longer because of wear.
  12. Johnny Wolf

Shorten a steer tube

I just used a chop saw to trim down my 26" springer steer tube, cut it like butter perfectly square. All I had to do was burnish the edges slightly at an angle with a file and that was very minimal. I should add the tube comes with extra thread, so I didnt have to mess with adding threads...
  13. Johnny Wolf

Hope someone can help. The OEM chain that came on my Schwinn measures out at: Roller width= 1/8" Roller dia= 5/16" Pitch= 1/2" Pin dia= 9/64" Which equates to a #410 (1/2" x 1/8") chain. I wanted to swap it with a nickel plated chain, so I bought a 1/2" x 1/8". However, when I tried to instal...
  14. Johnny Wolf

2020 Schwinn Stingray 125th frame (only) wwith Vintage/Repop parts and 26" Springer "Right Tools For The Job"

Just finished up resizing and installing the nickel plated chain and rode it up and down the street a few times. Noting broke or fell off, only the bars needed to be snugged down.
  15. Johnny Wolf

2020 Schwinn Stingray 125th frame (only) wwith Vintage/Repop parts and 26" Springer "Right Tools For The Job"

I finally trimmed down the springer stem (1-3/8") and sissy bar (7") last night. I used my buddy's chop-saw in lieu of my trusty grinder. Best decision I've made in a long time. Then all I did was burnish the edges a bit with a file and all went together like Legos. That being said, proper...