Recent content by irene_crystal

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. I

JC Higgins JetFlow

Just was cleaning out my wifes grandfathers back yard and found this gem ;) I need some pedals, a chain, rear reflectors, grips, seat, and tank but i love it as-is.... If you have some crusty parts to match that I need PM me.
  2. I

Best trail bike

Just moved into a new house that is surrounded by desert mountain trails and looking for some ideas for the best bike to buy whether new or to look for something specific used... I am 6' tall so need something that would fit me. Never really ridden off road so open to any suggestions or ideas...
  3. I

How do you remove paint?

I am getting ready to strip the paint off a bunch of parts and started with a heavy duty stripper, but have seen people using grinders with different wheels on them to remove paint etc... Just curious what your favorite way to strip paint before a respray without damaging the metal... Sorry...
  4. I

37/38 Rollfast "Zep"

Love the paint on this one! First dibs when you get tired of looking at it!
  5. I

JC Higgins Color Flow

I'm open to prewar trades if you have any, but still just testing the waters...
  6. I

JC Higgins Color Flow

I am thinking about putting this up for sale to focus solely on prewar bikes (two of which just popped up recently I want...) I am heading out of town tomorrow for a quick vacation so thougt I would throw this out there to see if I got any offers PM'd to me while I am gone as I am not exactly...
  7. I

Show us your J.C. Higgins Bikes

Figured I would bump this with a pic of my 1950 Higgins... Looking for a nice rider quality troxel seat for it still... All OG paint and equipment otherwise....
  8. I

crazy mountain bike video found while looking for klunker

http://youtu.be/0zLuqKNKOqs Crazy mountainbike video I found while looking for klunkers....
  9. I

Colorflow: Restore or not restore

I say sell me the seat for my bike and then do whatever you wish!
  10. I

1935 Wards Hawthorne

I am not positive but I am pretty sure it has been repainted and re-chromed. It looks way to shiny to be OG
  11. I

1935 Wards Hawthorne

I am interested in any period correct accessories if you have something that would look cool on here like a light, horn, tank, etc.... I also want a drop stand for it as well if anyone has one cheap! Thanks
  12. I

1935 Wards Hawthorne

I just bought this 1935? Wards Hawthorne as a birthday present to myself, what are your thoughts? I can tell the kickstand is wrong as it should have a drop stand and clip on the rear fender I believe. The seller told me the kickstand was a rare elgin pencil stand but I have no idea...
  13. I

1937 Schwinn Built

Love this one!! Great find!
  14. I

DAVIS SEWING MACHINE CO. "DAYTON"

Nice! Whens someone gonna sell me a cool bike like this???
  15. I

Went pickin' today in Wisconsin

Nice, I agree that there is no good pickin in Arizona that I have found either!! I would love to know what other hot rod and antique stuff you found, I collect a little bit of everything...
Back