Recent content by Indyjps

1. Indyjps

To much-spraypaint-wbo

I like the build, good job bringing it back. Whats your sprocket tooth count on front and rear, looks like maybe a 36 on front and 16 rear, going to be very "spinny" even for a kid.
  2. Indyjps

Specialized FSR 1999, anyone own or owned one?

Not so worried about a flip. Never had a full suspension, wanna try one out, if these ride great I may give it a shot. So can this hold its own today, still a good ride, Im not trying to compare it to whats on the market today. I trail rode on motorcycle trails on full rigids in the late...
  3. Indyjps

Leaf Spring Springer Fork, have parts, ideas welcome

Bumping this up, havent spent any time on it, but happened to see this at museum of science and industry in Chicago.
  4. Indyjps

Specialized FSR 1999, anyone own or owned one?

Theres a Specialized FSR for sale locally, looks like the pic appears to be 1999, blue with red decals, red manutou fork. Kinda has me intrigued. Rear shock has been changed to a strut, hopefully an upgrade. Anyone own one now or in the past, will probably take a pile of parts to get it...
  5. Indyjps

'73 Ross Apollo

Wow that came out great, nice complete bike to start with. Even saved the seat. I got the oxalic acid info from bmx museum and love it. Citric acid is supposed to work the same. I do have citric on hand from learning how to make cheese last winter. Need to test it. Another trick ive been...
  6. Indyjps

Rock Shox Quadra rebuild CHEAP - done

Got a chance to finish this up today and ride. New PUR rod at 6 1/4 feels great. Took that inch or so of deadness out of the top of travel that rock shox get. Ill likely go 6 1/2 on mine for a little more stiffness. The bike itself is great, looks like all original parts, everything...
  7. Indyjps

Murray JetCruiser

Die cut machine, very cool. Ive been messing around with decals on laserjet. Theyre - OK. Diecut stencils are much nicer.
  8. Indyjps

Sorry about going absent. Bought a couple trucks at an asset auction, took a while to get them picked up. Original elastomer is purple, New is yellow. New is a little larger diameter but fits in the tube and end caps fine. Seems to be the same durometer from finger nail test and finger bend...
  9. Indyjps

Murray JetCruiser

Good eye for parts selection, this is a great looking build. Check out these grips, all available in tan- Cult Vans, Cult Dehart, S$M Hoder. All are flangeless, Ame tri's are clasic if you want flanged grip. Skinwalls with comp 3 or snakebelly tread would look great. I cant find...
  10. Indyjps

Checkered Past aka,Tucson Rat Ruler

Good lookin build, I like the frame not familiar with that one. The swirling chain ring keeps drawing my eye though, doesnt flow the best with the rest of the build. Whats the tooth count? I may have a spare kicking around. Most important hows it ride?
  11. Indyjps

Took some digging around to find the info....and its still untested. Rock Shox was not in the new plastic development world, had to be an off the shelf item.
  12. Indyjps

How To: Leaf springer fork aka "Leafer"

Im in. Been kicking around some ideas and a pile of parts. Havent had time to get started on it. http://www.ratrodbikes.com/forum/index.php?threads/leaf-spring-springer-fork-have-parts-ideas-welcome.108489/#post-1101422
  13. Indyjps

Gonna rebuild one of the rock shox with Shore A 60, PUR polyurethane bar in place of the elastomers. From the chart above, 70 is car tire rubber, 40 is pencil eraser. We'll see how it rides. If i dont like it I can move up or down durometer (shore A #) or cut the bar in half and go...
  14. Indyjps

Found this on amazon. $11 for 48" of 3/4 diameter shipped to my door. Amazon didnt know Shore A spec on the bar. I looked up the manufacturer, small parts inc, and by checking their manufactuer number againt some Shote A data they had. The Shore A is in the manufacturer number.
  15. Indyjps

After watching videos on how to rebuild rock shox, the elastomers are what goes bad, other than corrosion and grit. If youre not familiar, elastomers are 3/4" urethane bar stock. After pulling one out, Its a purple floppy solid rod 6" long. Thats for quadra rock shox, judy rock shox have...