Recent content by Honest Abe

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. Honest Abe

The Burrito Revolution.....

Okay, for some the name is confusing. Originally the name "Burrito" was termed from Junkman on CBN. I could not attach the link, but it was basically a joke and thrown into the mix before the vote was made. I cut and pasted part of that post. I don't know, "LongRiders" sounds to logical. When...
  2. Honest Abe

Did you receive the build off email?

Sorry, a little late but I did get it :D
  3. Honest Abe

ANY SHOWS OR EVENTS IN MIAMI FL

Unfortunately there are none that I know of down there. In October there is a big ride up here in West Palm. Quite a few riders and definitely worth the trek.
  4. Honest Abe

Show us them cars!

Thanks guys, to answer your question Multipass, it is Bagged. Been ridin on air for three years now. The only way to have a lowrider is with adjustable suspension. BTW looking to sell it. If anyone knows anyone who might be interested, let me know. Its a long shot being that everyone is from...
  5. Honest Abe

Show us them cars!

This is a cool thread. It seems that cars and cool bikes go hand to hand. Here is my daily driver. A little departure from my old Vw's and rat bike!
  6. Honest Abe

SCREEN NAME MEANINGS

Guys at work started calling me Abe Lincoln as a joke when I grew out my beard a few years ago. It then evolved into "Honest Abe," and it stuck! My real name is Nick, but my nickname is Abe for short. Its one of those things where people say " Now how does Abe come form the name Nick?"
  7. Honest Abe

The Monster

Man, I love that rear wheel! I love the vans too. I sold my 65 chevy panel a few years back. Couldn't find another one, so I went back to a VW
  8. Honest Abe

heavy duty springer fork

That bike is great. I do take a likin to that there fork! So somebody(s) actually rides that beast around? Definitely a true rat. How cool would that be to turn it into a swing bike.
  9. Honest Abe

Rust Removal

I use Brass wool. It is softer than the chrome and it won't leave any scratches. I use it dry or with a little polish. I have tried various tricks and this seems to work the best.
  10. Honest Abe

super clone...

I really like it. The color is the same as a bike I am currently building. I'm sure Kenny will dig it!
  11. Honest Abe

AND THE WINNERS ARE...

Great choices. Those would have been my picks too. Some guys really went all out. I kinda feel lazy because all I did was roll it out next to a junk VW in my back yard :mrgreen: Anyway can't wait to see the final spread.
  12. Honest Abe

Rat Rod Logo!!

Those are some cool bikes. How about bottom tube scrapin combined with pedal scrapin? Thats what me and Kenny do! :D
  13. Honest Abe

Honest Abes... Again!

Thanks guys, I appreciate the compliments. I never thought this bike would have such a following. I can now die happy man, knowing a new generation of low, sidewalk scrapping bikes is on the move!!:lol: P.S The background is/was a vw bus that had to be plucked out with a backhoe when we...
  14. Honest Abe

Kung Fuji casts her shadow

"I lyyke!!" Is that a fatter rear tire, or just the angle?
  15. Honest Abe

Honest Abes... Again!

Thanks guys, to be honest it really doesn't have a name. It has gone through several though. When I first built it and nobody new who's it was, someone coined it the "Ol Tanker bike," then I called it the "JC Higgins Special," and then it was simply the "Rat bike." I mostly refer to it as the...
Back