Recent content by gowjobs

1. gowjobs

RAT / ROD MODEL KIT BASH CHALLENGE

Jack Wagon I couldn't shoot lacquer over the pearl I had messed up, so I am stuck waiting for the enamel purple to cure up before I can safely spray clear. I reassembled Jack temporarily to store him for a week or so... Sent from my BND-L24 using Tapatalk
  2. gowjobs

Jack Wag'n I repainted the Vega body, applied some decals, and worked on the base a bit. Sent from my BND-L24 using Tapatalk
  3. gowjobs

Jack Wag'n Pearl on the Vega body took a bad turn, so will need to let it sit a few days before I try to fix it. In the meantime, I made progress on Jack, himself. Sent from my BND-L24 using Tapatalk
  4. gowjobs

Some paint done. Letting the dark base set up. Sent from my BND-L24 using Tapatalk
  5. gowjobs

Jack Wag'n Before I really start to get down with the paint, I wanted to get a "full" mock-up pic posted: Sent from my BND-L24 using Tapatalk
  6. gowjobs

https://www.warlordclothing.com/stores/anywaywhatever/ Sent from my BND-L24 using Tapatalk
  7. gowjobs

Jack Wag'n Sculpting more detail onto my "tire smoke" foundation today using Apoxie Sculpt two-part putty/clay. As it starts to cure, I can further blend with a brush dipped in water. Also got my new Anyway Whatever Podcast shirt, which goes right along with the monsters and rods theme. Sent...
  8. gowjobs

Oh yeah, and if you aren't watching The Crafsman's videos on YouTube, you should probably go review your life choices up to this point. [emoji846] Sent from my BND-L24 using Tapatalk
  9. gowjobs

Best bet is either to scrape/sand paint and/or plating from mating surfaces before you glue, or very carefully use super (CA) glue instead. Just be aware that the fumes that come off of curing CA glue can leave a white residue on clear and lacquer-painted parts. I use a "crystal clear"...
  10. gowjobs

Jack Wag'n I've been building models for a LOT of years now, and the Roth/Newt/Mouse/Weird-Ohs were always some of my favorites, even though they were out of production, not to really start seeing reissues until I was in junior high in the early '80s. I spent lots of hours teaching myself to...
  11. gowjobs

Jack Wag'n He's getting creepier by the hour. Made some progress: Sent from my BND-L24 using Tapatalk
  12. gowjobs

Jack Wag'n I broke out the Super Sculpey this morning, and made an insert to fit inside Jack's box to help support the car, and Jack himself. Also, you may note that Jack's eyes have had a bit more work done on them. Sent from my BND-L24 using Tapatalk
  13. gowjobs

He is a resin-cast garage kit that I bought years ago. I will look up the sculptor's/caster's name and edit this response later. Sent from my BND-L24 using Tapatalk
  14. gowjobs

Jack Wag'n While working from home this afternoon, I managed to get a little more paint on Jack. Sent from my BND-L24 using Tapatalk
  15. gowjobs

JACK WAG'N I just epoxied the arms on to Jack last night. Sent from my BND-L24 using Tapatalk