Recent content by gotavan

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. G

360+ Miles on a Tallbike

I rode my tallbike on the Dalmac bike tour last week, I was on the 5 day U.P. route that went from East Lansing to Sault Ste. Marie over the Mackinac Bridge, I made it up all the hills. Someone took a vid of me in the U.P. They even called me a gentleman...
  2. G

Wide-large-fat-big momma tire

I use drag slicks because they are very light and Free. total weight of complete rear wheel is 35 pounds. my old big tire bike was built in 1995 with the steel rim and weighs about 75 pounds, the most expensive part was the inner tube cost $20.00 the rest was out of my junk pile.
  3. G

Fat drag slicks?

I guess you didn't mean 20" wide.. these tires are free at most drag strips
  4. G

Detroit Autorama

I can't make it this year, working too much. a guy from the van forum posted some pics over there. http://vintage-vans.forumotion.com/vint ... t11287.htm
  5. G

Need some knowledge ....

after all those years of appying the patina now the autorama? the rear coaster brake is a komet made in austria see its right there under the rusty one
  6. G

What is it?

The New Departure 2 speeds were used in the 1930's-1940's, the frame mounted shifters are the early ones the shifter was moved to the handlebars on the later ones. 1935 popular science
  7. G

Need Help ID an old plastic model kit

I haven't been able to find the original brow plate I have since I moved 6 years ago, it's lost in the barn some where. There are repos made in Germany for sale to reinactors and collectors. They are really uncomfortable to were on a helmet, imagine taping a brick to the front of your head...
  8. G

I have an original "browplate" for a ww1 helmet the leather strap is rotted, the one I have is 6mm thick and weighs over 4 pounds, it gives a great pain in the neck when worn on the helmet. Both of my grandfathers were in the great war and gave me a few items that they brought back in 1918
  9. G

Found it. Monogram Tom Daniels 1969 kit Ghost of the Red Baron. Follow up to the Big 1/12 Red Baron car kit. http://www.tomdaniel.com/85_kits/frm_85kits.html look at the Ghost of the Red Baron kit
  10. G

I got this many years ago and never did know who made it or anything about it. It is made of chrome plastic except for the skull, there was a spike on top of the helmet that held the parts together. I cast this one from the plastic parts out of aluminum and just painted some of it. Anyone have...
  11. G

Antique toy car

That has made in China look to it. Most original cast iron toys are well marked on the inside,and they are riveted together usually, unless they have been repaired. the wheels are another give away, very poor casting.
  12. G

Easy Rider

Re: Easy Rider - New pics 11/02 I painted this tank in 1971, used it on my harley and kept it when I sold it. My wife wanted it in the living room and that's where it sets today. Her sister (the decorator) said you need some color in this room
  13. G

CYCLE TRUCK (POST PHOTOS)

Worksman bike I picked up at Ann Arbor. I put on the basket and just added the correct stand for the front wheel. was next to me at the swapmeet before I put the basket on it. I got the front stand from worksman in queens ny.(not on in this pic.)
  14. G

Tall Bikes,lets see'em!!

That's right, this is from an 1894 book.. 1995 I blew up 3 rear wheels over the years I built my first Tallbike in 1964 when I was a 14 year old. It's a real piece of crap made out of an english Dunelt bicycle flipped upsidedown.
  15. G

Tall Bikes,lets see'em!!

I built this bike 14 years ago, last Sept. I rode it to the Mackinac Bridge 303 miles. Its heavy with all the bells and horns, but I made it up all the hills.
Back