Recent content by fritzschantz

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. fritzschantz

Louver punch and pinstripe water slides

Does anyone have advice on where to buy water slide pinstripe decals? I'd like to add them to the Lil' Rat. Also, I'd love to cut some forward leaning louvers in this chain guard. Where does one go to either get it done or buy a louver punch? Thanks!
  2. fritzschantz

Pulsing when coasting fast downhill

I weighted the spoke, no change. With the bike upside down, both wheels pulse when spinning fast.
  3. fritzschantz

Help with crank noise

Pulled the cranks off and found this suspect out of square crank: and from the crank side: So I pulled everything out. Installed a bottom bracket assembly from a 90s Raleigh Technium mountain bike. Took cranks and pedals off of a giant hybrid. It was a triple ring crank, so I drilled the...
  4. fritzschantz

Could also have been that the valve stems on front and back happened to be lined up in rotation. If one was opposite the other, it would cancel out the effect...
  5. fritzschantz

I moved the pedals back and forth a little when it was happening - no change.
  6. fritzschantz

I usually ride on flat trails, so I never really get going very fast. This abnormally awesome weekend here in MD, I went out for a road cruise, and got the Super 32 up to a good clip going down a hill. I noticed that the back wheel seemed to be pulsing a little. I suspect that the brass...
  7. fritzschantz

Help with crank noise

Thanks RustySprockets - Not insulted at all! I'll pull the BB apart tonight and check the bearings orientation - entirely possible! I had a PM that suggested using better pedals too.
  8. fritzschantz

Help with crank noise

Hey, can anyone offer any suggestions as to the nature of the sound in my bike that seems to eminate from the bottom bracket? Starts after riding a couple miles. Gets progressively worse, and I can start to feel it in the left pedal. Here is the video: http://youtu.be/qgLkiGQuSWI I have...
  9. fritzschantz

SuperRat 32

Thanks Sen. Now that I've had more time to think about it and now have a friend who can weld aluminum, I'm going to cut the top tube out . I'll replace it with a straight tube and run two smaller tubes up from the seat post to the steer tube to outline a tank shape, and then weld in sides and...
  10. fritzschantz

SuperRat 32

Hey Biggerbike, You might want to try an adjustable hybrid stem. These bikes use 28.6 mm steer tubes, which as you have discovered are in short supply for long stems. There are plenty of 25.4 stems like this one http://www.amazon.com/Extra-Handlebar-S ... B00EJTBWK0 available. You could get a...
  11. fritzschantz

Beach Assault Vehicle

I'm finishing up this build that went on hold last year. I'm going to sell it to finance the Mongoose Beast Beach Assault Vehicle I hope to do in my first buildoff. I had started it as a 2 wheel companion to the Warrior: But now this Beach Assault Vehicle is taking over my necktop, and I...
  12. fritzschantz

SuperRat 32

I got my 20 tooth sprocket on-rides awesome compared to the stock 16 tooth. Ordered from huskybikes.com - super affordable and fast.
  13. fritzschantz

Husky Bicycles

Hey All, I was looking for a 20 tooth sprocket for my Genesis Super 32. I ended up ordering from http://www.huskybicycles.com/. They are out of Texas, and focus on workplace bikes, but also do recreational. I just thought I'd pass them along to y'all because they seem like a great parts...
  14. fritzschantz

SuperRat 32

Yes, the Genesis brand is under Kent. I did actually look into it a while back. Craigslist and ebay will be sources as well - I think a lot of people will buy these bikes at walmart and later dump them. That's how I got this one. A lady bought it for her daughter and it was too big...
  15. fritzschantz

SuperRat 32

Re: Genesis 32 ratization You probably have that right! The bike did come with an extra tube, but tires might be hard to come by. Not a worry at this zero mile point! I'm probably going to slime these tubes. The tires were not easy to get off the rim in my garage - I can't imagine trying to...
Back