Recent content by FrankNBrew

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. FrankNBrew

Felt Bicycle Pics

I picked up a couple canvases a couple years ago and finally put my thoughts Into completed projects.
  2. FrankNBrew

1956 Schwinn straight bar value

It looks pretty good after a deep cleaning. The chrome looks amazing, and the paint looks much better. Rides great, too!! Now if I can just figure out that clicking in the rear hub.
  3. FrankNBrew

How do I clean out a rusty seat tube?

All great ideas! Thanks! I ordered a 1" pipe cleaning brush from Amazon. Interestingly when I removed the seat post I found a piece of metal pipe inside the seat tube. I'm guessing it's around 5/8" diameter. My only guess is somebody put that in there to prevent the seat post from going in too...
  4. FrankNBrew

How do I clean out a rusty seat tube?

I pulled the seat post out of my 1956 Schwinn and the post was about 4" long. So I picked up another post of full length, but it does not want to go in any further than a couple inches. I need to clean lots of rust from inside the seat tube. Is there a special tool made just for this? Or is...
  5. FrankNBrew

That’s kinda what I was thinking, but I figured I would ask anyway. It’s not gonna win any awards, but it will keep me busy scrubbing and polishing for a while.
  6. FrankNBrew

Thanks again!! My new (old) bike made it back to Michigan with me. It’s torn down to a bare frame and the deep cleaning has begun. The chrome is coming out beautifully!! And the original paint with its hundreds of scratches shines up nicely. It needs a new seat post (somebody cut it down to...
  7. FrankNBrew

Thanks for the input! I’ll probably go take a look at it soon.
  8. FrankNBrew

Felt Surf City chainguard

Still looking for this chainguard.
  9. FrankNBrew

I found a Schwinn straight bar for sale and I'm wondering if it's worth the asking price. Any advice is appreciated. https://kansascity.craigslist.org/bik/d/kansas-city-1956-schwinn-hornet/7120055927.html
  10. FrankNBrew

Felt Drillium Chainring Wanted

Yes. This one. ^^ In black.
  11. FrankNBrew

Felt Drillium Chainring Wanted

Anybody have a Felt Drillium chainring they are willing to part with? Preferably black, but polished would be OK, too. Thanks!
  12. FrankNBrew

Polish bikes

Does this count?
  13. FrankNBrew

What have you been riding lately?

I put this Felt Canvas together in the spring, but the handlebar height was a bit too low and uncomfortable. I picked up a Felt Monster Energy last week and robbed the triple tree fork and wheels. It’s now perfect, and it’s my choice for the last several evening rides.
  14. FrankNBrew

Felt Surf City chainguard

I just picked up a red Felt Surf City cruiser and the chain guard has taken some abuse and is in rough shape. It’s a long shot, but if anybody here has a red Surf City chain guard I’m willing to buy it at a reasonable cost.
Back