Recent content by floridasfavson

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. floridasfavson

Teddy Ballgame

Thank you. It was fun to build. My daughter wants a coca cola rack on her 47 JC Higgins Color Flow after seeing my root beer crate.
  2. floridasfavson

Teddy Ballgame

Got the bike as finished as I can get it before the deadline. I still need an inner seat pan to get the seat looking better. Pretty happy with it overall. Build Thread Here
  3. floridasfavson

BO15 Teddy Ballgame

I finally got the bat finished. It was originally a yellow color Willie McCovey model I found. It was pretty rough. I sanded it down and put a few layers of stain on it. Also, made the leather strap to hold the bat to the handlebars. I lowered the light as well. I may switch the light out. Not...
  4. floridasfavson

BO15 Teddy Ballgame

Got some baseball cards and clothespin ready. Waiting for a small pennant to come in the mail. I have some other accessories as well and will reveal them when the bike is finished. I found these reprint baseball cards on eBay for $2.00 shipped.
  5. floridasfavson

Wanted: J.C. Higgins Color Flow reflector

Looking for a reflector for my 1947 J.C. Higgins woman's Color Flow. Thanks
  6. floridasfavson

The Urban Insult Bicycle

Really like the lines on this. Probably my favorite stretch bike I have seen.
  7. floridasfavson

BO15 Teddy Ballgame

I was actually thinking the same thing about moving the light below the handlebars. I had bent the light bracket but didn't get the desired effect.
  8. floridasfavson

BO15 Teddy Ballgame

I ended up putting the bat holder on the front wheel. I plan to use a small leather strap and buckle to secure the bat to the handle bar. I need to finish staining the bat to get the right look I want. I made an "L" shaped bracket to hold the can and support the weight of the bat. Still need to...
  9. floridasfavson

BO15 RaTs GaSs...Great year all!...pg 26

I definitely like the header idea. Maybe move them to the frame somehow?
  10. floridasfavson

BO15 Ratfink Supreme - Back From The Dead !

Build is looking great so far. Can't wait to see the final product.
  11. floridasfavson

BO15 Teddy Ballgame

I have been thinking about this movie while I am building the bike. Need to watch the movie again. Maybe get some more inspiration.
  12. floridasfavson

BO15 Teddy Ballgame

Got the bike cleaned up and serviced. Added the new rear rack and root beer crate. I also lowered the front light and painted the seat pan in primer. I was lucky and found a set of Electra Cruiser tires at the LBS. I may switch to red brick tires thou. Not sure yet. I found this can recently...
  13. floridasfavson

BO15 Teddy Ballgame

I'm throwing my hat in the ring with a 1953 Monark Rocket. My plan is to create a bike that a young boy would have made to haul his baseball gear to the baseball diamond. I am going to add a different rear rack and soda crate to haul baseballs and gloves. I plan to recover the seat with leather...
  14. floridasfavson

jc Higgins exhaust pipe bike

http://cgi.ebay.com/New-JC-Higgins-exhaust-pipe-decal-set-/140407444569?cmd=ViewItem&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item20b0ef9459
  15. floridasfavson

Boise Vintage Bike Swap- May 16

He has two sets of fenders for me but can't make it this weekend. Meeting up with 66olds98 in tri-cities, wa instead to get some wheels. Hope somebody gets to go and take pics.
Back