Recent content by FlordiaRust

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. FlordiaRust

Traded Schwinn for Hiawatha Silver Chief

Its not the Floating hub but Held on with 3 spokes. I guess spoke protectors but I never seen this style before. Now all I have to do is find the front light style for it. Rides smooth for being all original with Charleston tires. The year is unknow to me at the moment but I think its a 56-57...
  2. FlordiaRust

Traded Schwinn for Hiawatha Silver Chief

Today I was enjoying my ride on my bike a local Bike shop owner stopped me and so I followed him to the shop to check the place out. In the front window was this clean looking girls bike and odd looking front hub. For some reason I was drawn to the bike. He asked me if I wanted a even trade and...
  3. FlordiaRust

My 1948 Autocycle and 1957 FireFlyte

A couple weeks ago I got a call from my neighbor saying he picked up my family stuff I asked if he would. So I got my very first handmedown bike I rode as a kid and stenciled in the chainguard the words that was there. Now getting it back I'm in shock I rode a Autocycle growing up in the 90s. My...
  4. FlordiaRust

spitfire bike?

Also how rare are these bikes? Just amazes me I never seen this model before
  5. FlordiaRust

spitfire bike?

,B86731 is serial on here so either a 52 or 57?
  6. FlordiaRust

spitfire bike?

Its also a 24 in
  7. FlordiaRust

spitfire bike?

Was at a car show today and one of my friends snuck this in the back of my trunk. I never seen this type of Schwinn headbadge and been awhile since I been in bikes.
  8. FlordiaRust

1931 Firestone Cruiser

Ok cleaned off the riveted plate on the bottom of crank and founf this Model Number is 180 9A31 Serial Number is A023535 Hope this helps with the exact date
  9. FlordiaRust

1931 Firestone Cruiser

The gentlemen said it had a pedestal light that the cloth wiring went to the tank.
  10. FlordiaRust

1931 Firestone Cruiser

Can anyone tell me the value or rough time this style was around I litterly cant find any info
  11. FlordiaRust

1931 Firestone Cruiser

My neighbor hidden this bike away years ago, its all original but missing the front light but it is in awesome shape! The gentlmen is in his 90's and bout it when he was 10 for paper routes. I paid 200 for it, So im extremely happy...
  12. FlordiaRust

new 1937 columbia 3 star

I have ocd with being true to the classics and this walley bike would get old skooled real fast. The old style skinny forks, truss rods, stem, toss the 3 piece crank to have a more better looking chain ring than that Huffy one it has, chain guard to a old style late 40's early 50's chain guard...
  13. FlordiaRust

Road bike freebie..

Also I might just take off the parts now knowing this and put them on my recumbent bicycle, since I rather ride that than my Sears 500 or Harley Co. bicycle
  14. FlordiaRust

Road bike freebie..

I really appreciate help on this bike. And sorry if the pics are small taking them with my celluar device. Don't have a normal camera to spare atm so here are the Decal pics of the frame.
  15. FlordiaRust

Road bike freebie..

Cleaned it up more and says Campagnolo 0021 Super Record its not aluminum cause it more heavier than a normal seat post like titanium or something
Back