Recent content by Fire Marshal Bill

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. F

Picking this up tonight!

Thanks!
  2. F

Picking this up tonight!

May change the seat out for a green glittery one to match the grips. Other than that, i was planning on leaving it a rat bike. Coaster wheel huh? I'll look into it. Thanks.
  3. F

Picking this up tonight!

Sorry I've even busy and haven't had a chance to post more pics. I do have a question though. It seems that there is no brake. It's been a while since I've ridden a bike like this, but isn't it supposed to brake when you push the pedal backwards? It seems to just free spin and never catch...
  4. F

Picking this up tonight!

Here is the only picture i snapped last night. I'll put up some more this evening.
  5. F

Picking this up tonight!

Got it! It was dark when i got it home. I'll get some pics tomorrow but wanted to let everyone know that it is a Montgomery Ward Hawthorne. Hopefully that will help me with getting some more info on it. Thanks!
  6. F

Picking this up tonight!

Just getting into the hobby and this is my first purchase. I really like the rat rod and muscle bikes! Any ideas on what make and model it might be? I can add more info and more pics tonight after i pick her up.
  7. F

Help ID my childhood bicycle

Does anyone have one a Murray Wildcat for sale or know anyone who does? Early 70's model. I'd like to get one and start riding with the local bike club. Please email me at lawrence7718 at gmail dot com as i'm not on here that often. Thanks!
  8. F

Forming a Cruiser Bicycle Club in DFW

I'd be interested. Have been thinking about riding for exercise lately so this may be the incentive i need. I'll shoot you an email.
  9. F

Sorry i've been absent for so long. The pictures of the Murray Wildcat sure look like that is probably what it was. There was a Western Auto fairly close by. I need to ask my parents...... i mean Santa :lol: if they remember where they got it. I appreciate the help with the i.d.!
  10. F

Hello everyone. I was directed to this site by an acquaintance that recommended that i post up pics of my first bicycle here to get some help with id'ing it. Sadly i no longer have the bicycle but if i can find out what it was then maybe i can look for another one. In doing a little online...
Back