Recent content by Duane9531

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. D

wannabee 26" bmx cruiser

Nice idea.....i may look into the future builing me one of these......brings back the memories of the 80s.
  2. D

ballon tires?????

Do i put ballon tires on a bike that wasnt desined for ballon tires.....its a 64 schwinn typhoon.......what rims to get? Tires?.....i am getting new rims for this anyways and not using the existing schwinn rims. any ideas would help. Thanks
  3. D

Hey from Dayton, OH

Hello Terry.....that would be awsome......still in the process of working on my bike and a ways to go. I even got a friend already looking for a cheap frame to get started himself. i found a craigslist find for me a 64 shwinn tornado. right now its torn down and getting ready to paint. if you...
  4. D

Heavy Duty Springer forks

So many ideas i dont know which way to go.....but i have alot of directions to go depending on the style fork i will use...thanks everyone!
  5. D

Craigslist finds

Yea i have a few ideas for the tyhoon right now. Got it tore down now and cleaning up. the Breeze is for my daugter just needing new tires.
  6. D

Craigslist finds

Found both of these 2 days apart 25 dollars on the red 64 typhoon....and 15 dollars for the 71 breeze.
  7. D

Those are really cool!
  8. D

what would be the headset size on a 1964 schwinn typhoon? i am a little green when it comes to these bikes, being i havent worked on one or really mess with a bike since the late 80s. Thanks
  9. D

I am a bigger guy around 275# i am looking into puting springer forks on my bike and i am wondering if there is a fork made out there that can support that. Thanks Duane
  10. D

Hey from Dayton, OH

Welcome Neighbor. im new on here too starting a rat rod project also. Duane
  11. D

1960 schwinn tornado

Let me borrow a hand and give this 3 thumbs up! :lol:
  12. D

Serial number

I found it thanks......looks to be a 1964. found it on craigslist for 25$ looked solid enough to fix up. any suggestions for online sites for getting parts for these style bikes.....looks like i may be starting a new winter hobby now.
  13. D

Serial number

thanks i will check that....i accidentally posted here....new to these bikes....and new to fourums :)
  14. D

Serial number

Could someone help me locat the serial number for this bike? i have searched all over and cannot find it. and maybe you could suggest which model this may be. thanks!
  15. D

SW Ohio

Hello my name is Duane. Just came across a old 60s style Schwinn Cruiser and found this site looking into parts for the bike. hope to get some good ideas from here.
Back