Recent content by dropstep

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. dropstep

ORBO Crusty

Still sad they tore out the last dirt we had to ride here. Might have to change tires and cruise it on the street. It rides fantastic and I really like the paint
  2. dropstep

ORBO Crusty

https://ratrodbikes.com/threads/crusty.119345/ Back surgery hampered the snow riding but got out a bit today with the brace on for a few final photos. The local singletrack that I built this to cruise on is currently being destroyed to make a paved bike path extension. Because of the back brace...
  3. dropstep

ORBO Crusty

Had to move it so we could get some old furniture out of the basement, really need to get it out and get photos. I love how the paint turned out!
  4. dropstep

ORBO FYA - (Functional Yard Art)

I find I love rear baskets but prefer a rack on front
  5. dropstep

ORBO Crusty

Got cut open yesterday so no building or riding again til march 18th. Was hoping to get a singletrack ride in before surgery but we had rain the week leading up. Hopefully order pedals and atleast get those bolted on and some better photos 😂 I’ll be living vicariously thru the rest of you for now
  6. dropstep

ORBO Step-Thru Klunker

Be careful with those forks, I built a klunker out of a 53 scwhinn women’s bike (we added a top tube tho) in the same color for my son. These bent fairly easily and he’s 140lbs.
  7. dropstep

ORBO Crusty

See if it posts in the correct thread this time 😂 morning test ride in the snow Tires are obnoxious on pavement but worked well in the couple inches of snow trying to capture a bit of the two tone. Forecast is 40s this week and some rain so may get it into some mild singletrack Gearing is...
  8. dropstep

ORBO Crusty

I always build what I want to ride, I do the build offs because it’s fun to build alongside others. Turns out the paint might have been a bit soft when I clamped it. Used a simple orange hand wipe and got it off without killing paint. Sadly can’t buy a new single speed chain anywhere in this...
  9. dropstep

ORBO Crusty

Yeah I’ve seen plenty of era appropriate klunkers using a cruiser seat. The modern mountain bike seat and straight bmx forks is evolution. The lower and wider moto bars were awesome for better control for sure. I come from a bmx background so a small seat isn’t the end of the world I just know...
  10. dropstep

Next build off………

I tryed a springer on a klunker but it was off a middleweight so the larger 26x2.10 tires made contact with the fork before the spring bottomed out. An emergency brake you don’t know you have 😂
  11. dropstep

ORBO Crusty

I enjoy the input from everyone, I don’t need the huge seat but do need the rise of the bars. I commute to work on these things for fun/excersize so they just get adjusted to how I’m comfortable. It may end up with a bmx seat before the end.
  12. dropstep

ORBO Crusty

Found a seat! Been slacking while waiting for a chain to come in
  13. dropstep

ORBO Crusty

Yeah I almost went with this style moto bar again, but they aren’t real rideable for me. I understand there’s a show portion of this but the metal in my spine wants me sitting upright and I hate buying things that don’t get used. Building this GT is my biggest regret so far and the plan is...
  14. dropstep

ORBO FYA - (Functional Yard Art)

I really like rear racks/baskets
  15. dropstep

ORBO Crusty

It’s either an 8 or a 3. Didn’t want to lose matti’s vote already so trying a more appropriate black seat and grips. Almost robbed this seat but it’s just as big as the white one 😂I’m clearly a fan of big seats thought
Back