1. The forum software will be upgraded on Saturday (April 4). During this time the site may be down for a period of time to make the change. Thanks for your patience as we do the work!
    Dismiss Notice

Dr. Tankenstein's Recent Activity

1. Dr. Tankenstein liked Rat Rod's post in the thread What have you been riding lately?.

This one just about every evening during the lockdown. :speechless: [ATTACH]

IMG_2174_low.jpg Apr 3, 2020 at 12:18 PM
  2. Dr. Tankenstein liked BartRidesEternal's post in the thread Barts Builds.

Thanks guys, appreciate it! I have some updates: I sold some bikes, the yellow Gazelle pathracer, the brown Union transporter bike and...

Apr 2, 2020 at 5:29 PM
  3. Dr. Tankenstein liked MattiThundrrr's post in the thread Unofficial March Shootout II 2020 VOTE HERE!.

Yeah, still at the old J O B too. Apparently folks still need toilet paper? Bidet. Just sayin

Apr 2, 2020 at 5:18 PM
  4. Dr. Tankenstein liked AndyA's post in the thread Rat bike guys adjustable wrench..

The blue-handle Park cone wrenches are nice, but pricey. Cheaper are their double-end cone wrenches (blue pic below). There are also...

cone wrenches.jpg grip wrenches.jpg Apr 2, 2020 at 5:18 PM
  5. Dr. Tankenstein liked horsefarmer's post in the thread Rat bike guys adjustable wrench..

[IMG] I have a few of these old wrenches/tire irons - have worked like a charm on hubs of all kinds.

Apr 2, 2020 at 5:17 PM
  6. Dr. Tankenstein liked jessiesmith's post in the thread so-cal foose cruiser, llooking for more info on it.

Here is mine I purchased from a bike shop new off the floor. I am and have been the only owner. They only had this one model and said it...

Screenshot_20200402-110637_Facebook.jpg Apr 2, 2020 at 5:15 PM
  7. Dr. Tankenstein liked tjwilson's post in the thread Shortbow.

Bare Metal Frame Soldered all the welds on the top of the frame. I only did some grinding and a little cleanup on the welds around the...

01_driveSide.jpg 02_nonDriveSide.jpg 03_detail01.jpg 04_detail02.jpg 05_detail03.jpg 06_detail04.jpg 07_detail05.jpg 08_detail06.jpg Apr 2, 2020 at 5:13 PM
  8. Dr. Tankenstein liked tjwilson's post in the thread Shortbow.

Weld Smoothing I've had a body solder (unleaded leading) kit from Eastwood for a while and have used it sparingly a couple times. With...

01_weld.jpg 02_weldGround.jpg 03_tinned.jpg 04_bodySolder.jpg 05_bodySolderShaping.jpg 06_bodySolderSandedSmooth.jpg Apr 2, 2020 at 5:12 PM
  9. Dr. Tankenstein liked tjwilson's post in the thread Shortbow.

Pieces and Parts Some odds and ends that needed attention. First up, the seat support clamps started to look a little too thick, the...

03_modifiedSeatSupportClamps.jpg 01_sissybarPrePolish.jpg 02_sissybarPostPolish.jpg 01_rearBridgeTemplate.jpg 02_rearBridge.jpg Apr 2, 2020 at 5:10 PM
  10. Dr. Tankenstein liked MattiThundrrr's post in the thread 26" bmx or klunker?.

Well, my friend, you are in luck. Went back and re-read bicycle808's post, he was posting someone else's bike. It's a Gary Littlejohn...

Apr 2, 2020 at 5:09 PM
  11. Dr. Tankenstein liked Rat Rod's post in the thread TRUE TORCH JTT CRUISER // UPDATED 04/01/20.

The latest update... [MEDIA]

Apr 2, 2020 at 5:08 PM
  12. Dr. Tankenstein liked Rat Rod's post in the thread From the Tube:.

Thanks yall...definitely a fun build and my best rider at this point.

Apr 2, 2020 at 5:07 PM
  13. Dr. Tankenstein liked deorman's post in the thread From the Tube:.

[MEDIA]

Apr 2, 2020 at 5:07 PM
  14. Dr. Tankenstein liked GuitarlCarl's post in the thread Unofficial March Shootout II.

WIP trophy has a secret and faux patina on the way. Also has bearings and spins around...[IMG][IMG] Sent from across the universe using...

Apr 1, 2020 at 7:48 PM