Recent content by DoubleL

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. DoubleL

LET THE GAMES BEGIN!

Got to get with it. I know there is a way-kool rustafarian-ized idea tucked away in the grey-matter....just need to ease it out! Thinking about a crazy stretched out , hammered out cross between a Colson Clipper Double Eagle and a Elgin Bluebird. Fabricated panels, skirts, fenders, all with...
  2. DoubleL

2015 WINTER BUILD-OFF FINISHED BIKES THREAD.

Man....some really cool stuff! Due to managing some health issues I was side -tracked from winter build-off...Definitely feeling stronger and looking forward to RRBO 10. Congratulations guys on some remarkable accomplishments!
  3. DoubleL

It's here! Elgin Bluebird

Wow! What a find! Absolutely a rare and special one! Do you have any photos of it when first found...? Resting against barn, fence, etc. That would be soooo cool !
  4. DoubleL

2015 Hoosier Antique & Classic Bicycle Club Winter Show/Swap

Got to get my stuff in order...this will b a good one. I plan on being there!
  5. DoubleL

EBAY Bid Fell Through

Man...that does not sound good. I would call the sheriff's office in that town and ask him for help? Who knows ? Call ebay right away !
  6. DoubleL

KLUNKER DISCUSSION

Hey....might give it a shot! This new tablet makes posting a breeze!
  7. DoubleL

US MAIL 1950 cycle truck

Super find!
  8. DoubleL

1967 Schwinn Fastback

Awesome....I just located and nabbed a "Cool Lemon" one. But not at the great deal you made. I will look for photos...they ride real nice! Black, white, lemon, blue, they are all great!
  9. DoubleL

Oil can, please! Rustiest bike I've ever found.

Nice rescue! Good eye! Looks like how the majority of my bikes looked when I discovered them. PB is wonderful stuff eh? Keep the natural aged patina and at most...a clear satin urethane finish over the mildly "burnished" natural oxidation. The tank is as I put it..."WAY COOL"....new old rims...
  10. DoubleL

1969 PEA-PICKER - one owner...

;) Pretty excited when I remover this from a dusty, dirty farm building. I had to pay a good bit for it but after cleaning up...it was well worth the effort. Called a friend and of course he immediately called another friend and the bike had a new owner before I could get a chance to really...
  11. DoubleL

1973 Schwinn Fastback

Man.....ggreat score on the old work uniforms...don't have any that are large or xlarge that you would consider bartering???? man those are too cool. I like the Shell and the Texaco...shoot...I like em all! Good eye! I have a lot of skip-tooth stuff here in Indiana///now some muscle stuff...
  12. DoubleL

Kentucky jewel of the day

Great finds man.....recycle the recycle....good eye!
  13. DoubleL

(MBBO) Class 1 Western Flyer Wheelie Bike

Man those wheelie frames are outrageous....so cool it made me quiver........cant wait to see it along it's way!
  14. DoubleL

The Rail 7

NO chrome....sorry fella's that can match Schwinn Chrome!
  15. DoubleL

(MBBO Class 2) "Mad Maxine" NOW SOLD TO A NEW RRB MEMBER!

I am digging around scrap piles trying to trigger a creative response from the chaos. Stuff is piling up so it wont be long before I start something....can't wait to see your stuff Luke...gotta be killer!
Back