Recent content by dlf58

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. D

U-Haul

I have rented out U hauls for over 30 years as a dealer in a small town.. Didn't know they had bicycles. I see it too is stamped not for sale as is much of their equiptment. I like it.
  2. D

Pre-war Skip tooth Huffman

Wish I had an answer, or good guess. Hoping someone else could shed some light! David
  3. D

Pre-war Skip tooth Huffman

Not sure about the bike, but comment about the hole in the top tube got my attention. I have a 56 Panther with the same hole, and am interested in any reasonable explanation. Didn't mean to hijack thread. Thanks David
  4. D

What brand/year old mens skiptooth

chain guard looks ALOT like the one I need for a 1939 Mercury Pacemaker. Picture looks nearly identical. David. ps If is a 26'' bike i would sure like to talk about the chain guard.
  5. D

What did I find?

chain guard and fork look like Huffman to me. Guard looks like one on a 45 Huffman I have. The serial number doesn"t start with an H does it? David
  6. D

1939 murry rolling frame set

The guy got back to me today. Got it for 150.00. Am pretty certain it is the model shown above. It was made for the 1939 Worlds Fair, and up till 1941. Production stopped for the war. They say rare model, but that tells me the parts will be like finding hens teeth. Oh well.... I don't know how...
  7. D

Thanks for the replies. Guy wanted 200.00. He is a picker guy and I think for what he had it was too much. Passsed, but told him if he didn't sell, come see me again. David
  8. D

Sorry, no pics at this time. Was offered a 1939 murry frame and wheels. Has good shroud, no tank. No fenders or chain guard. Lobdel wheels, old tires, maybe good for display. Appears to have original chain ring and crank. Pedals are rough, as are handle bars. The frame appears to be the 1939...
  9. D

Not sure what my bike is was told its a 1940 rollfast any info thanks

I have not set up picture acct. Am getting up there, 57, and computers are fairly new to me. I do notice your frame doesn't have ears on the rear drop outs for a stand like mine. I searched the gallery on here for several hours and did find a couple, a 34 and 35 Colson Flyers. the Schwins and...
  10. D

Not sure what my bike is was told its a 1940 rollfast any info thanks

Recently picked up a similar bike. Badged Santa Fe. After searching, found it to be a 1934 Colson built bike.This was based on the serial number. The short head tube is one clue. Found Elgin and Schwinn badged bikes of the same era with similar short head tubes. Not sure of the manufacturer but...
  11. D

GOT INFO?

handle bars are 68 or 69. Schwinn and Western flyer I believe had the rams horns bars. Those bars appear to be the taller aftermarket bars from the same time frame. My sister and I both received Road Runner bikes in 69 for Christmas. She had a set of the taller rams horns put on hers. Just to...
  12. D

Need help on this one::: Flightliner

I would be more inclined to think 1961. My brother had one in that time frame. david
  13. D

Son of the Thunderer

Very nice bike and very touching storey. Thanks for both
  14. D

OK, it's not a rat bike... it's now the "Big Boy G.I.Joe" toy

Guard looks like 40's Huffman. Military build? Looking good
  15. D

What can you tell me about this Road King?

I concur with Dave and Doug. I have a late 40's Huffman, 46-48. The serial numbers on these are a little hard to run down. Fork and chain guard, frame and dropouts look the same as mine. Mine is badged as a flying ace. The chain guard, if original, was rather unique. David
Back