Recent content by deorman

1. deorman

New member from the UK.

Welcome aboard. :forum:
  2. deorman

Remember when . . .

I remember when a local Sears had still had some "skip tooth" chain on the bottom shelf of the bike and lawn mower parts section. Man, this place is firing some pretty crusty old synapses in my head this evening. :crazy:
  3. deorman

The true value of this hobby...

Back in my tricycle days, my parents would drive second or third hand cars of that vintage until it needed ball joints or heater core, then sell it to the kid down the block for 50 bucks. Then they'd go buy another one that wasn't broke yet. My mom used to get mad at me for sitting on them and...
  4. deorman

Modern tire options?

These are pretty retro style, easy rolling 65psi wire bead balloon. https://www.biketiresdirect.com/product/cheng-shin-sunlite-c241-26-inch-tire-26x2125-57-559
  5. deorman

new to site

6. deorman

My new office

Well then, you won't be needing zip ties. :comando:
  7. deorman

Went to a nearby (motor) bikes and breakfast meet today.

There were quite a few different Ducatis, maybe next time I'll take bunch of individual bike shots.
  8. deorman

Went to a nearby (motor) bikes and breakfast meet today.

Nice day. Anything from old time sidehacks to a foreign market Aprilia. My favorite of the day:
  9. deorman

Rusted chain salvage.

Good 1" pitch gets harder and harder to find every year and no one is currently making any. Last time I checked, NOS 1" chains were going for 100 bucks a pop. 1" sprockets and chain don't work with common 1/2" chain. Bikes that came with it can usually be retrofitted with common 1/2" sprockets...
  10. deorman

Hi from Atlantic beach Florida

11. deorman

You know you have a problem with bicycles when...

Everything except the sink.
  12. deorman

Rusted chain salvage.

How does the vinegar treatment do on chains? I've got some crusty 1" pitch Worth it? Other suggestions?
  13. deorman

Rant: rim strips

I like the fabric adhesive rim tape, it's less prone to movement and corrosion from retained moisture than the rubber strips.
  14. deorman

26” Cantilever Style Frame Comparision Thread

Well, the Mustang isn't mine, and the "Harley" is a Honda Shadow, but the bicycle is definitely a Schwinn. :crazy: