Recent content by deadman13

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. D

The Flying Penguin

airplane stripper from wallmart and a wire wheel. in the auto section, like $6 a can and you can watch it lift paint. just dont do what i did and wear flip flips and shorts, short sleeves. i had acid burns all over. luckily its water based.
  2. D

Need opinions and ideas, your $.02 inside!

paint im happy with ( was thinking satin black with lime accents) i may try the forks, but am not too sure how to bend em right. i know how to use a lever bar, but not too keen on the whole bending by eye type deal. i may just go for a springer anyway and some 24's
  3. D

Need opinions and ideas, your $.02 inside!

ok, so i have a murray monterey, mens and womens. i think with the womans bike im going to do a powder blue with white accents and do kinda a 50's hotrod theme. i have the chain guard painted nice deep, metal flake dark blue, and i think that ill put that on something else since its got 9 coats...
  4. D

police confiscate fixeds

may be a ....... question, but why not a coaster brake? and, if fixies have brakes like we did when we were kids, wouldnt that basically make the rule about locking up a tire void? i dunno. ive never "got" the whole fixie thing. most of them have bad attitudes, questionable choices in...
  5. D

bars go one way, forks go the other

also, the bike is almost 8 ft long (7' 11" from tire to tire.), frame itself is 4' 10", with forks is 5' 10" and sits at the bottom of a crank arm at its lowest is like, 7" i think. may have seen that wrong....
  6. D

well, good news and bad: start with the "bad" i dont and wont have a welder for some time. i can weld, just cant do a whole lot other. so i could weld a purty bike...then blah. the good: i swapped the bars for the ones the bike was made for ( i asked for apes...i got both sets) and it seems to...
  7. D

i was thinking of that. problem there is that the bike, upright, is 3" off the ground as it is.
  8. D

got a set laying around? lol. i think all i have is straight laying around
  9. D

Wonder if these fit a bicycle

branches, no, that takes a lot of bs to get in for an icon next to your name. but i am pres of the local club in SC what you know bout the M/A?
  10. D

id like that, but somehow i dont think thats an option at this point. might just toss the frame and keep bars, wheels, etc
  11. D

picture me smashing my head on keyboard right now. i just bought this thing, paid what amounts to me to be a lot for it. nice guy, and no hard feelings and all, but .... i am stuck.
  12. D

Wonder if these fit a bicycle

im a moped restoration um....guy, and ive seen someone put some heavy duty mtb forks on a moped, so i think it can go both ways. the bike those came off of, we cant hack and weld because the gas tank is the downtube and the forks go right in front of the filler cap. puch maxi luxe puch...
  13. D

i didnt build it. the welds might have been a little smoother but i dont have the equipment. .... it to heck.
  14. D

well there goes all that then. powdercoated bike, and itll throw the bottom line and whole angle off. .... it. whats a good angle? like, whats the point of no return?
  15. D

2 more with the wheel almost straight next to an olds...
Back