Recent content by Shrunken_Head_Pedaler

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. Shrunken_Head_Pedaler

Bicycle License Plates, Novelty Tags?

The New Hampshire tag is a cereal box reward from Wheaties. They made all states for a few years. There are a bunch of personalized plates on eBay. You use to be able to find them on a display in stores like K-mart and TG&Y.
  2. Shrunken_Head_Pedaler

DRAG-ON

They have a nice “feel” to them. Super comfy.
  3. Shrunken_Head_Pedaler

DRAG-ON

No paint. I think it’s going to have to wait. Metal prep will take time. Started stripping the fender but going slow.
  4. Shrunken_Head_Pedaler

DRAG-ON

where is everyone?
  5. Shrunken_Head_Pedaler

DRAG-ON

The Thick Slick is mounted up to the new rim and ready to mount up. The wheel came to me very true which was a surprise. I need to work on a seat post shim and dial in a bunch of minor things. Hopefully some progress over the weekend. I do have a nice vintage Monarch Springer coming to me that...
  6. Shrunken_Head_Pedaler

DRAG-ON

Thanks @Bike from the Dead. I’m proud to have a piece of your art!💪🏻
  7. Shrunken_Head_Pedaler

DRAG-ON

Thanks. We’ll see. We got several inches of snow. I have paint on the way but chances look slim to get it done. 💪🏻
  8. Shrunken_Head_Pedaler

DRAG-ON

I put the Shimano 333 3 speed shifter back together but most likely need to move the washers around. maybe @CRASH could shed some light on the proper setup? Also working on extending the shifter arm with a leg from a previous build I scrapped out. I’m liking the looks so far. Getting snow now so...
  9. Shrunken_Head_Pedaler

DRAG-ON

I recently received this amazing commissioned illustration from @Bike from the Dead, which he awarded me in the 2022 build of 17. I am honored to receive this kind gift. Austin and I have communicated back and forth on the piece and he came up with an amazing illustration of the Hellion. It was...
  10. Shrunken_Head_Pedaler

Hellion

An awesome update! The Hellion bike and myself were picked and awarded an amazing commissioned piece of artwork by @Bike from the Dead and I am blown away by what I received! Austin Jones has an incredible talent and kept me so involved in the process that I was stoked to see the results. The...
  11. Shrunken_Head_Pedaler

DRAG-ON

Picked up some white pedals that I’ve been seeking for a while. I hope they will thread in to what I have. They are from Germany. The pedals will disassemble which wil allow me to clean them up. I may try the peroxide and sun technique to whiten the rubber. They are quite petrified so I may just...
  12. Shrunken_Head_Pedaler

DRAG-ON

The 26” wheel from Wheelmaster arrived today. Heavy duty with 12 gage spokes. I like that they are assembled in the US. This one has a much better finish than the last one I picked up. I cropped my feet out of the photo for other peoples sanity. 👣
  13. Shrunken_Head_Pedaler

DRAG-ON

My Cola Bottle grips came to me from Thompson. I was surprised how super thick these are! So nice with a great feel. 😎
  14. Shrunken_Head_Pedaler

Shop Goodwill Online

Nice Schwinn waiting to be scooped up!
  15. Shrunken_Head_Pedaler

DRAG-ON

Arriving Thursday
Back