Recent content by Cyclus Nocturn

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. Cyclus Nocturn

Samurai's Delight

If you set this up right that point on the top tube might be positioned right at the bottom of your breast bone. You could paint a Samurai sword there and call the bike "Harry Caray". Just a thought.
  2. Cyclus Nocturn

Speed Bike

I found a good trick from someone on here about using minwax. Works really good for getting an aged look. I just follow the instructions on the can. I use stain first and since it is no wood it doesn't soak in but it collects in all the scratches and really brings out some character. Then the...
  3. Cyclus Nocturn

Speed Bike

http://cgi.ebay.com/Vintage-SPEED-BIKE- ... 255f18747b Found this today and thought of your build. Too bad the head tube isn't exposed, not saying it should be the headlight is perfect. Good Idea for lettering anyway, should you decide to eventually.
  4. Cyclus Nocturn

24" and 26" Jerald Slick Tires (Square Tread)

That is a really cool tire... I think the 27" is the outside diameter and that it is actually meant for a 19" wheel but that is something to consider. I have gone over 40mph on a '39 excelsior with 26x2.25 Duro white walls and it wasn't even coming close to feeling unsafe. I honestly don't think...
  5. Cyclus Nocturn

Like I said I am using motorcycle tires for my current build but to my knowledge no one makes a 24 or 26 inch motorcycle drag slick... So I guess I will put these to the test!
  6. Cyclus Nocturn

I just found out about these yesterday and after reading the blog it seems the deal on free shipping ends Friday! I will be calling before then to order as many as I can afford. I could care less about white walls but if they became available I would buy a few of those as well just to hold on...
  7. Cyclus Nocturn

Can someone tell me the PSI max on these? Also has anyone used them on a high speed application? I need them to handle 100mph at least.
  8. Cyclus Nocturn

Broken Arrow: Update 11/22

Re: Broken Arrow: Update 10/25 Very nice! Nice looking build so far too btw! Can someone tell me the PSI max on these? Also has anyone used them on a high speed application? I need them to handle 100mph at least.
  9. Cyclus Nocturn

Broken Arrow: Update 11/22

Re: Broken Arrow: Update 10/25 Where the heck did these tires come from? Are they 26"?
  10. Cyclus Nocturn

Rest of the bikes i found with the Imperial

Best find I have ever seen! that would be a dream come true for me.
  11. Cyclus Nocturn

Chicago Monthly Ride ~~ LETS DO THIS! ~~

Re: Chicago Monthly Ride ~ August 21st Ride Pics! ~ I'll be there!
  12. Cyclus Nocturn

Lawn Art Shmawn Art

Hey as far as the seat foam goes I found that the foam that goes under carpet works really well and its cheap and just the right density. You can get it at any carpet outlet or flooring place. I got a 2'x9' roll for $4.
  13. Cyclus Nocturn

Lawn Art Shmawn Art

Awesome! It feels good to save old bikes from the decaying ruins of creative neglect. I am really bad at taking progress pictures too. I have a similar story with my Excelsior as soon as I take some after pics I will post the before and afters here. Hopefully we can get this thread rolling!
  14. Cyclus Nocturn

Sitting Bull

I like your style.
  15. Cyclus Nocturn

LED Light Conversion

Thanks a lot for this thread man I have a few lights I wanted to do that with. It is always nice skipping the trial and error by seeing how someone else did it. Thanks again, -Riot
Back