Recent content by Chris Stapley

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. C

Let's see your pinstriping

Some more, off topic with the bikes,but still pinstriping. Please tell me to stop if I go too far,ha,ha... World Wide Panel that was sent across Canada, USA, Australia, Denmark,Sweden and landed in germany for Stripegueist. [url]/url] Two Rat Fink panels that my brother and I had donated to...
  2. C

Let's see your pinstriping

Here's a few.. [url]/url] [url]/url] [url]/url] [url]/url] [url]/url]
  3. C

Some of my work lately.

Will, You don't need a steady hand at all,we're not asking you to hover over the work, you're allowed to rest a wrist or elbow down on the work so long as you keep it out of the wet parts,ha,ha.. Buy a couple brushes, some paint, and watch youtube for a while ,type in pinstriper or pinstriping...
  4. C

Some of my work lately.

Hey Rosco, I'm from East of Toronto Ontario about 100 miles, if you frequent the Pinhead Lounge ,you may have seen pics. posted from my Percy Boom Panel Swap in the past?
  5. C

Some of my work lately.

I see Jamie Hearn is from Arlington, works at a GM assembly plant there? His e-mail is [email protected] Drop him a line, he'll surely know some local guys to hang with and learn from. I have faithfully every winter season opened my studio doors every Tuesday night for our local guys...
  6. C

Some of my work lately.

Couple more for friends... [url]/url] [url]/url] Just did the paint on this awesome bike too.... [url]/url]
  7. C

Some of my work lately.

Lots of practise, I've been at it for about 10 years off and on and 5 really intensely now.Watch as many videos as you can on You Tube and find a panel jam to attend. Brushes are actually Russian squirrel hair, camel would be way too coarse.. The brushes I prefer are made by Xcalibur, the...
  8. C

Some of my work lately.

Just a bit of the stuff I've been doing this fall. Been doing a lot of pinstriping, some on bikes,mostly car stuff... [url]/url] [url]/url] [url]/url] [url]/url] [url]/url]
  9. C

"Bad Penny" Cruiser Build - Mockup Update!

Gee Brett, you seem to be everywhere I go. Must be the pinstriper in you,ha,ha,... Bike looks awesome buddy, you're lines have come a long way in the past two years. Painting on narrow little frame tubes is so tedious, great job! Chris Stapley.
  10. C

(My George Barris) Iverson Bandito Build!

I think George will surprise you too, he's actually a pretty cool guy. Talked a fair bit with him over the weekend at the Detroit Autorama last winter.... Give it a shot! Maybe ol' Georgie will wanna buy it when you're done?
  11. C

Christmas Rat for the gf is DONE!

Re: Christmas Rat for the gf. Looking good man, just a word of the wise. I have been in the custom paint and body business for most of my life. Please stop washing down with Varsol, you have a very good chance of encouraging the paint to peel or not adhere. Varsol is a petroleum base, almost...
  12. C

pinstriping

Wow, outstanding work man, love the lettering styles. You have it down for sure! We'd love to have you up for the Panel Swap, loads of fun, and Canadian Beer if you think you can handle it? Ha,ha.. Get that Excaliber brush, I know you'll love it if you're used to painting with a green Mack...
  13. C

pinstriping

Ha,ha, funny I thought I was the only one who thought that way? I don't know if you have heard of Tramp Warner? He promotes for One Shot and is a fellow Ontario striper, anyway he's sort of the same way. Just a little big on himself by times but he's awfully good at backing it up with talent.I...
  14. C

pinstriping

Head to some Panel Jams near you, this will jumpstart your skillset like you will not believe. Also start watching some of the excellent stuff that YouTube has to offer, just search pinstriping or Steve Kafka. Steve has some great videos with the exception of his shameless plugs for his...
  15. C

pinstriping

Yeah, that one was pretty full when it finally was finished. Loved to be part of it for sure, its the second worldwide panel I've ben involved in, just finished a nice Canadian Gang panel for the Bo Huff Charity auction in Utah as well. Whats your Pinhead page link? I'd like to see your stuff...
Back