Recent content by Canon

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. Canon

Vinyl Schwinn

No your not hallucinating my phone flipped the picture.
  2. Canon

Vinyl Schwinn

This is the bike I started with. This is that same bike with a few nifty additions (In it's state of completion). These are some pictures of the same bike in it's finished state.
  3. Canon

Vinyl Schwinn (VIDEO UPDATE)

Thanks I am glad to be back.
  4. Canon

SO long time no update or anything. I have been on vacation for the past two weeks, if you was wondern' I went the Maui Hawaii. I tested the different methods that where recommend to me about ratifing the record player. I was not happy with my results and have decided against the ratifing it...
  5. Canon

Yep. I was going to do a test on the battery cover first, then post a pic and see what everyone on here thinks of it. I ain't in no hurry.
  6. Canon

Cool Record player, I have a RCA victor from the 20's, I don't have any pics thou. If the satellite speaker still sounds go I wouldn't modernize it, but if the sound quality is poor upgrade it. Nice Set!!
  7. Canon

Thanks for the input, I'll go buy some paint and give the player a nice rat-tina tomorrow. I like the idea, maybe instead of glueing it to the lid, I could use the sides of the lunchbox with the art on them and cut them out the shape of the side of the phono and glue them on
  8. Canon

What type of paint would you recommend to use on the rubber coated plastic?
  9. Canon

Can you HELP ID these bikes!!!

Ya sure they can be fix there metal. I am not sure how to fix them though.
  10. Canon

Yes the player is battery powered. The model is a Crosley Revolution portable usb turntable. Also yes the speakers are mounted in the crate although they are modified slightly from the way I originally had mounted them. I would like the rat-tina the blue on the player, I don't know how to...
  11. Canon

The serial #'s hawthorne is D48524 , Other one is L103068 Flying Zombie I look up the CWC and Columbia from 39-44 on google and could not match the frame paint style of any of the pictures to my bike On the Hawthorne I am not positive but I am pretty sure that 24" wheels are not the...
  12. Canon

Yes it would be possible to power the record player by using a hub generator that puts out 6 volts, but currently don't want to mess with the wiring in the record player. Here is the long waited video. CLICK on the image and it will open up photobucket so you can watch it...
  13. Canon

I found these bikes in the garbage, can you help me ID them and get a rough idea of how much they are worth. There is no head badge on this bike, it is a skip tooth sprocket, and has a skinny seat post. This is a Wards Hawthorne with a skip tooth sprocket, and new departure hubs. [/URL
  14. Canon

So here is what I have got done so far, I cut out a piece of metal with the plasma to fill in the front triangle. That way it balances the amount of stuff in the back and the front. I mounted it with balling wire for now and put nose art on it. Here are the pin-up's I used if you can't see...
  15. Canon

SO, originally I going to put the record player in the little triangle but, found out there is just no enough room. This is what I came up with. I went to home depot and some bottom mount drawer sliders. Mounted them to the of the rack I welded them on, and painted then will hammered grey...
Back