Recent content by 93EXCivic

1. 9

Gravel bikes

Those look like great value and a lot of fun.
  2. 9

Gravel bikes

I mean all those things are pretty easy to fix these days. Quite a few companies make wide dropbars. Also the general shape of drop bars has changed a lot since the eighties. The drops are a lot more compact (so less reach and drop). For example my On One Midges only have 112mm of drop. And the...
  3. 9

Mini gentleman’s racer

https://www.renehersecycles.com/myth-16-higher-tire-pressure-is-faster/#:~:text=The%20harder%20your%20tires%20are,cycling%20world%20in%20recent%20years. Higher pressures don't necessarily make your bike faster. The vibrations might make it feel faster though. I mean all that is to say if you...
  4. 9

Mini gentleman’s racer

That is a really cool bike. One question though, why are you running your tires at 110psi?
  5. 9

Punk brothers (pair of custom rigid mtbs)

So bronze was out of stock so the klunker is getting going grey. I am going to build up Suspect Device first cause I have more of the parts I need already and also a lot of klunking content on Radavist has really been calling to me. Just trying to decide how bling to build some things. Do I...
  6. 9

29er cruiser tires?

Maxxis Hookworms, Schwalbe Big Apple, Cult X Van 29in. SE Bikes 29in Speedster, Fat Franks,
  7. 9

I thought some of you would enjoy this (79 Cook Brothers)

https://theradavist.com/2021/03/readers-rides-rons-1979-cook-brothers-cruiser/
  8. 9

Decided to go with the bronze for Suspect Device and the light green for Bus Money. Got drawings from Marino recently.
  9. 9

Get a seat post to stop slipping

I tried out a bunch of sizes shims and this fits the best. Also I did measure it with a caliper. Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk
  10. 9

Trying to decide which colors to go with on the bikes. These are their options. I have red otherwise for the one I am calling suspect device otherwise the parts are silver or black. Trying to decide between the brown, bronzish color or a light grey. The other bike all the components I have...
  11. 9

Looks like it is time to make a McMaster Carr order Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk
  12. 9

It is aluminum. Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk
  13. 9

Ok so my Schwinn High Plains townie is having problems with the seat post staying. I have a 25.4mm seat post with a 26.4mm cane creek shim in it with a seat post binder bolt rather then a QR. It just will not stop slipping. I made sure the clamping slot in the seat tube was clean and not...
  14. 9

26 MTB to gravel bike conversion to town bike

20ish miles is the most I have done. I have found them comfortable. I wouldn't doing anything overly technical. Getting the roll of the bar right was pretty important for me. I think I had them rolled back a few degrees to much at first and it bothered my wrist. Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk
  15. 9

26 MTB to gravel bike conversion to town bike

So I said I was done. I lied a lot apparently. The seatpost has had almost constant sliding or creaking issue so I bought a 25.4 Kalloy Uno seatpost and a number of shims. Found out it was 26.4mm rather then 26.2mm. I was happy with my chainline fix so on went a Paul Component chainkeeper...