Recent content by 37ccmflyte

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. 37ccmflyte

I was REEEEEEALY trying to not buy another bike , but this one was to good to ignore!! Malvern Star "New Look"

Looking for an original chain guard also... anyone have contacts in Ozzie that might help???
  2. 37ccmflyte

I was REEEEEEALY trying to not buy another bike , but this one was to good to ignore!! Malvern Star "New Look"

I was REEEEEEALY trying to not buy another bike , but this one was to good to ignore!! Malvern Star "New Look" from 1948... I have wanted one of these Streamlined bikes for a few years... they were made in Austraila and are hard to find outside Ozzie, but one turned up in New Zealand and I...
  3. 37ccmflyte

Off on another tangent.... BSA custom long lean Path Racer "The Archduke" that turns into an Art Deco Roadster!!

Been a while since I posted on here... I have not spent much time at the workshop and when I WAS there I was working on motorcycle projects... but just this week I bought a couple of Garelli Mosquito 38A engines that I hope to use to build one good engine to power the art deco bike!
  4. 37ccmflyte

Raleigh / Hercules Royal Imperial "trio tube", odd English bike.....

could be, but might be more likely to be one of Raileigh's British brands that was well known in New Zealand... so Hercules itself would have been good here I would have thought??
  5. 37ccmflyte

Off on another tangent.... BSA custom long lean Path Racer "The Archduke" that turns into an Art Deco Roadster!!

I am FINALLY back at the workshop… only because of the covid outbreak and full lockdown again in NZ and I left the city I was in too the nearest place I could ride it out and that is my workshop. Funny I walked in the shed for the first time in 10 months and said out loud to myself "too many...
  6. 37ccmflyte

Well after all these months I have finally got to see the bike in the flesh.... interesting to note that the Raleigh head "badge" appears to be a stick on! Not even every well centred on the head stock.... It's off to the left and too low..... With two neat holes either side of it that look like...
  7. 37ccmflyte

Thinking about a Garelli Mosquito engine now.... they are light and small and ITALIAN which I like as I have had Italian motorcycles since 1988.
  8. 37ccmflyte

WANTED; BSA winged wheel,

WANTED; BSA winged wheel, or the remains of one to rebuild. No tank or rim needed. Interested in any Winged Wheel parts to build one up. Regards Gavin New Zealand [email protected]
  9. 37ccmflyte

Tank..... ummmmm..... tannnnk..... ok.... thinking.... GAS TANK! This could be my chance to try and buy a BSA Winged Wheel!!
  10. 37ccmflyte

Crap drawing, but this idea.....
  11. 37ccmflyte

Probably not the "done thing" on such a rare bike...... BUT I can see a funky set of forks that would look GREAT on this frame.... come back from where the forks leave the stem at the bottom, parallel with the frame to where it would meet a line carried on from the curved tube down to axle...
  12. 37ccmflyte

Well, I will just have to brew a nice strong pot of tea then! :)
  13. 37ccmflyte

I just bought this bike and I am after information about it... it's got a Raleigh badge on it but is looks like a Hercules Royal Imperial from the 1959 period.... It is from the period around 1960 right after Raleigh bought Hercules and it was rebadged for export to New Zealand? Is it rare...
  14. 37ccmflyte

I have been staring at that picture for a while....... thinking about a display stand.... current thought is a single front wheel stand, where the tyre is just touching the ground. I am thinking of making it from rods like the handle bars..... low at the back high at the front.... almost like...
Back