Recent content by 30thtbird

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. 3

'66 (?) Sears Spyder 24 Coaster

It is a mice 65. Have only seen pics of 3 or 4 24s now.
  2. 3

Airman

Picked up this 36 or 37 Shelby built Spiegel Airman Deluxe. Been gathering parts for it. Hope to ride it soon.
  3. 3

A big X.

A first for me. Picked this up last night. 1958 Western flyer X53 Super. As normal, missing the headlight but also missing the rear reflector and housing and the seat isn't original. Darn shame the paint faded so bad because the chrome is unbelievable.
  4. 3

$25.00 1964 Stingray Deluxe

It was stored in an out building all of it's life. The only bad spot is on top of the chainguard. Obviously a late 64. Deep tufted seat, high loop sissybar, and 28 spoke rear wheel. The only thing I have done so far is remove the front wheel, unmount the tire and start using paint thinner to...
  5. 3

$25.00 1964 Stingray Deluxe

Picked up this 64 during the Highway 60 200 mile yard sale Saturday. Appears to be all original except for the painted wheels and head/taillight. Already started wiping the paint off the wheels. So far, no reason for the paint.
  6. 3

I believe this is a Rail ...

This is what we have so far on the X numbers. X1 = Atkins X3 = Vanguard??? Murray badged X6 = Flying O (Otasco-Oklahoma Tire and Supply Company) X7 = BF Goodrich BF Goodrich Tires) X8 = Firestone (Firestone Tires) X10 = Westernflyer (Western Auto) X12 = All Pro (Kmart) X13 = Murray X15 =...
  7. 3

The "X" number determines the badge. We don't have a complete list but have figured out quite a few of them.
  8. 3

http://murrayeliminatormusclebikes.yuku.com/topic/115/Decoding-Murray-serial-Numbers Here is my list that Eddie , me, and a few others have worked on for years. The pre 60s codes I did get incorrect though. I do have the correct info now but just haven't gotten around to correcting it.
  9. 3

The holes were for the white arrowhead shaped reflectors. Been a long time since I decoded Murrays. Forgot about the 5. That first 0 you have after the 2 is actually a 6 for a single speed or an 8 for a five speed. I guessed x25 because of the color. Thought it was going to be a Foremost Swinger...
  10. 3

Murray made Eliminator frame for sure. Looks to be a 68 (MO8) or 69 (MO9). Going out on a limb here but I'll bet the serial is MO8280X25. Please let us know. Kenny.
  11. 3

1971 eliminator????

I think they were called a Ross Banshee. Not 100% on that though.
  12. 3

Combination bike help???

That is a Murray/Sears serial number. Definitely a Murray made frame. The cantilever bars go into the frame instead of beside the frame at the front says it is a 65 or earlier. If the front chain wheel is original to the bike means its considered a juvenile bike originally. Would not have had a...
  13. 3

VOTE HERE!!!! - FINISHED BIKE PHOTOS BELOW POLL

I believe this is my first time voting. It's not that easy. I see a lot of quality work. Some of you make it look easy but I know it wasn't. Maybe someday I'll grow up and give it a try. Great work everyone. Awesome.
  14. 3

From find to finish

Cool man!!
  15. 3

Freddy's fresh finds

Back