Recent content by 2Can86

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. 2Can86

Titanium or Stainless Steel Frame - Any idea what this is?

Id say titanium aswell, it was more common than ss as a bike building material. A spark test could prove it but i doubt youd be wanting to do that to a nice frame
  2. 2Can86

Antique cast iron boiler!

Picked this up at the local tip shop. Im told its a beestons boiler from the 1920's. I couldnt pass it up at $5. I plan adding the steel casters and turning it into an outside fireplace/pit but if anyone else has any ideas feel free to come at me.
  3. 2Can86

Fork advice

Truss rod forks would suit the look better! Ive never been a huge fan of the later welded forks, theyre too rounded at the top. I always prefered something older with a sharper fork crown
  4. 2Can86

kz400 cafe racer...

Not kawasaki specific and a bit of wank on it but heres a hamdy link for setting a cafe racer up in regards to sizing and geometry etc. http://www.bikeexif.com/build-cafe-racer
  5. 2Can86

What to lookout for

Im in the opposite position to you, i know bmx's but nothin about road bikes and the likes, i scored a $500 bmx off the side of the road but left a peugot road bike with campag gear all over it as i had no idea at the time. A few pointers id say when lookin for quality is -chainguards and...
  6. 2Can86

BMX Find...Whatizzit?

Forks look to be early tange tx500's, those redline brute stem's fetch big dollars here in oz. same goes for those pedals.
  7. 2Can86

The Devil Cruiser!

Neat frame, great lines! Finish in the welds and joins look top notch aswell!
  8. 2Can86

MELVIN STARR - Progress!!

Yup, koizumi made frames who from memory also alot of the japanese made diamondbacks, actually a fairly sought-after frame in the old school bmx community
  9. 2Can86

Return to forum and Tyre question!

Ok so this was possibly the best info out of all replies in this thread! "Read the sidewall" so i did, turns out the tyres are 26" after all and not the 28" as stated on the brand new tags! This colda gone well pear-shaped lol! Cheers for all the input folks
  10. 2Can86

And just incase my options arnt open enough yet how about fittin em to a 26" rim
  11. 2Can86

Sweet, cheers. Should be able to rustle somethin up a bit easier now.
  12. 2Can86

Haha yeah, anything bike related usually is! My local junk yard has a regular supply of mtb and road bikes so if i can get a hold of some 2nd hand rims the price will be kept down there! Im a welder/fabricator by trade with access to pretty much any machinery you could ever need so il be...
  13. 2Can86

well after a long stint away from this forum due to moving into my new house ive come crawling back! Unfortunately in the moving process all my bike parts id stockpiled including a 20" to 24" torker bmx conversion frame i had in the works ended up goin to bicycle heaven which was also part of...
  14. 2Can86

"BLACKJACK" MiniVelo FatBike BUILD. (New owner, new progress soon!)

Lovin the size camparison Luke, that thing is a beast! Cheers Sammy!
  15. 2Can86

First (Documented) Build 20, 20" Torker Vagabond 24" conversion

Cheers guys, and yeah if there is a bit of flex in the frame i will most likely add the bracing back in at a more appropriate spot!
Back