VOTE HERE!!!! - FINISHED BIKE PHOTOS BELOW POLL

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pick your favorite bikes!

• 01. 12 Year Project - LBCJ

Votes: 82 26.8%
  • 02. 1935 Rollfast Motobike - whitecoyote

Votes: 8 2.6%
  • 03. 1936 - American Vintage Bicycle Supply

Votes: 23 7.5%
  • 04. A LONG TALE - franconuevo

Votes: 18 5.9%
  • 05. BADBOY - Jake Sensi

Votes: 21 6.9%
  • 06. Bare Bonnie(ville) - Blackout

Votes: 108 35.3%
  • 07. Bare Metal Electra - hewey

Votes: 13 4.2%
  • 08. BarrelBanana Lowrider - SwissGuy

Votes: 7 2.3%
  • 09. Beauty is in the eye... Liner - Missing Link

• 10. Bo11 Weevil - Wildcat

Votes: 17 5.6%
  • 11. Bourbon & Blue - PublicNuisance

Votes: 48 15.7%
  • 12. Campground Cruiser - azmathys

Votes: 22 7.2%
  • 13. ChromeDoubt - supergoob

Votes: 9 2.9%
  • 14. Crusty Flyer - Hunter Cummins

Votes: 22 7.2%
  • 15. CT Schwinn - MplsCoaster

Votes: 12 3.9%
  • 16. Deco DX - Jaypem

Votes: 15 4.9%
  • 17. Double Bar Denim - metalchewy

• 18. DRAGN - dragnusa

Votes: 10 3.3%
  • 19. Dreamcatcher Indian Arrow - gigmata

Votes: 51 16.7%
  • 20. Ed's 1941 Elgin Deluxe - MazdaFlyer

Votes: 31 10.1%
  • 21. Elgin Board Track Racer - Uncle Shish

Votes: 41 13.4%
  • 22. ELGIN Decoluxe - The Renaissance Man

Votes: 142 46.4%
  • 23. ElgIndian - brett4christ

Votes: 47 15.4%
  • 24. Elgin Mutt - idiotboy

• 25. Flobar - ratrodz

Votes: 104 34.0%
  • 26. FrankenHiggins - hammer mechanic

Votes: 20 6.5%
  • 27. Frankie Four Aces - SlyRed

Votes: 41 13.4%
  • 28. HAUL-iN! - OneHorsePower

Votes: 52 17.0%
  • 29. HEXMACHINA - PINOYRATRODDER

Votes: 58 19.0%
  • 30. Huffman - Scribble

Votes: 29 9.5%
  • 31. Krustomized Kruiser - MONARKofSoCal

Votes: 30 9.8%
  • 32. Last Minute Panic - macncheese

Votes: 9 2.9%
  • 33. Mid-Western Flyer X-16 - SkyknightJohn

• 34. Miss Prissy - MrLeghorn

Votes: 25 8.2%
  • 35. Naked Panther - Chad T

Votes: 20 6.5%
  • 36. Night of the Flightliner - krazykort

Votes: 35 11.4%
  • 37. Oberleutnant - kowalski385

Votes: 24 7.8%
  • 38. One - Liner - OddJob

Votes: 36 11.8%
  • 39. Peace Love and Choppers - johnp.smith

• 40. rELEVENt setback - Falstaff

Votes: 23 7.5%
  • 41. Riverside Hoodride - Georgeediii

Votes: 47 15.4%
  • 42. Rizzo - SoulGarageOH

Votes: 6 2.0%
  • 43. Rockin' Rollfast - GuitarCarl

Votes: 28 9.2%
  • 44. Ro11fast or Go Home - mrs. link

Votes: 13 4.2%
  • 45. Rollfast - us56456712

Votes: 29 9.5%
  • 46. SaltHammer - kingfish254

Votes: 102 33.3%
  • 47. Schwinn Drop Out - gowjobs

Votes: 53 17.3%
  • 48. SPINAL TAP - bean

Votes: 59 19.3%
  • 49. Stretched Shelby - cthomps

• 50. Swamp Dog - G-Matt

Votes: 62 20.3%
  • 51. SYNRGY - bikedudeofomaha

• 52. That Old Wheel - SSG

• 53. Trans-it - oddrodal

Votes: 6 2.0%
  • 54. What ever man - deorman

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
votes from 207 members
Luke.
I spent some time researching the "Likes" in the finished bike thread just for fun, and found the following results.
In finishing order.
30- Schwinn Dropout/Haul-in/Huffman
29- Rollfast
28- Elgin Decolux/One-Liner/11 Setback
27- Naked Panther/Swamp Dog
25- 35 Rollfast
24- Crusty Flyer
22- Eye-Liner/Bad Boy/Spinal Tap
21- Salt Hammer
20- Bourbon&Blue/Hexmachina

I still haven't voted, but found this very interesting...:39:
interesting , no mater how long the threads have been up , it tells about on how much people actually watched the threads before voting

That's interesting. Of course some Finished threads have been up for a long time and others just a few days.

Really good point KF. I think most of the regulars that build and participate though, are the most on top of the finished bike thread in anticipation of voting. We all know that we all look hard at the finished bike threads before choosing. We, I think, react there subconsciously by "liking" rides.

Silverking - in ' heaven on earth' PC....some of the 'likes' will be skewed towards those of us who finished real early, like 3 wks before the deadline....
Not sure about the early skewed likes OJ. Go back and look at the other buildoffs and do the same thing. Steve A or LTJ could perhaps do some data mining and see the diff in likes and voting.
Cool! Still haven't voted but I am all over the place deciding!

Everyone of these bikes looks awesome. I believe everyone's a winner because you end up with a finished bike, kinda wish I woulda jumped in so I too could have an extra bike in my collection, but there is always next year... These build- off's are always fun reading the post and conversations going on and ideas being shared. That's what makes this a great site. Even though I didn't participate like many others we still follow & watch and appreciate all the details put into these bikes... Congrats to everyone... Now to vote... ugh''''

So, going along with @SILVERKINGPC logic, I thought, why not check the leaders in 'Views' during the entire build-off process. There must be some cat curiosity that drives people to view certain builds; maybe it's the anticipation of what might happen next on the build? What crazy idea or innovative direction is this builder going next?

No matter the reason, I just found out I finished third with 9,999 views (what??? haha, I couldn't have ONE more? !) behind @The Renaissance Man and @kingfish254 . I'll take it! :grin:

17 votes for my build?....what.... I honestly thought I would be my only vote. What a nice surprise.

(Yeah, That's right, I voted for myself)
You know, for me this shores up why unlimited voting is a good idea for the build offs. I'm now regretting my own self imposed 11 vote cut off (top 10 plus my own). We're all aware that the bike is the trophy and all of that stuff, but there's more to it than that. If the bike were the only prize, then why bother sharing it here?

Everyone, if they are honest, likes to receive honest praise and confirmation for the work that they put into their bikes or anything else for that matter. So lets say that there's a bike that I really like, but not quite as much as some of the others, it's sad that I wouldn't be able to express my appreciation for it in the form of a vote within the limit. The person who just barely got struck from my list will never know that there was someone else out there that really liked what they did with their bike. Whether it's over the top or simplistically cool, those things don't matter if I like it!

I feel like this is different from 'every kid gets a trophy for participating' because not everyone will get my vote. And my list will differ from everyone else's list both by the bikes that are in it and by the number of them.

In the end everyone will get a more accurate reflection of how their bike was received by the members that vote. It's that simple.

Just as Tyler stated, under the three vote rule it's entirely possible that in the end he could've been left with his one vote which is not a true representation of everyone's appreciation for it.

Thank you Luke for the idea and Steve for seeing the value of it! I look forward to getting it right the next time.:forum:

Last edited:
Not that my opinion matters much but I think unlimited votes skews the totals quite a bit. While it certainly helps EVERYONE get more votes, I believe it will help some more than others. For instance, lets say you have 3 or 4 bikes that are all "similar" like mine and and Swamp-Dog and One Liner. Obviously these bikes are all very different and each builder put his own spin on them, but from a distance they all read as more traditional "RATS" with lots of rust and patina. While the vote counts for these bikes is not exactly the same and the leader among the three has fluxuated, all three bikes seem to sit within a few votes of each other and have since voting opened. I suspect that this is because if you like the rusty rat style of bike, they why wouldn't you like all three? Similarly I think if you like board trackers, why wouldn't you like most or all of the board trackers? Or if you really like the look of bare metal and moon discs, how can you just like one?

On the other side of things I think there are SEVERAL bikes this year that nearly everybody likes. How could there not be? If we were only voting for a set number, cuts would have to be made. Maybe people would continue to use all 3 or 5 of their votes on 3 or 5 bikes that are conceptually similar, but I certainly wouldn't and I would bet others would do the same. Furthermore if I am going through the entire list saying "yes I would" or "no I wouldn't" (like looking at girls in a highschool yearbook) I am never going to pick a winner but instead just a collection of bikes that are all "good enough" to make whatever arbitrary cut I self-imposed.

As someone who has let voting bother me in the past but really doesn't give a rip at all anymore, let me remind all of you something I once heard an extremely wise person say.... The only time judging (or voting) is ever fair, is when you win.

Last edited:
Think of it this way....when you go to your local polling station and vote in your local elections....you walk in, place votes and then leave.

You don't walk in, place a few votes, go get lunch, come back and vote some more.

I'm just afraid that after I die, I'll start voting for democrats.

You would be suprised to see how democracy works in my country; and believe me, I'm an lawyer and I know a thing or two about that. We've all seen Borat... ;)

With unlimited voting, why would anyone not vote for their own?
200_s.jpg

Last edited:
Not that my opinion matters much but I think unlimited votes skews the totals quite a bit. While it certainly helps EVERYONE get more votes, I believe it will help some more than others. For instance, lets say you have 3 or 4 bikes that are all "similar" like mine and and Swamp-Dog and One Liner. Obviously these bikes are all very different and each builder put his own spin on them, but from a distance they all read as more traditional "RATS" with lots of rust and patina. While the vote counts for these bikes is not exactly the same and the leader among the three has fluxuated, all three bikes seem to sit within a few votes of each other and have since voting opened. I suspect that this is because if you like the rusty rat style of bike, they why wouldn't you like all three? Similarly I think if you like board trackers, why wouldn't you like most or all of the board trackers? Or if you really like the look of bare metal and moon discs, how can you just like one?

On the other side of things I think there are SEVERAL bikes this year that nearly everybody likes. How could there not be? If we were only voting for a set number, cuts would have to be made. Maybe people would continue to use all 3 or 5 of their votes on 3 or 5 bikes that are conceptually similar, but I certainly wouldn't and I would bet others would do the same. Furthermore if I am going through the entire list saying "yes I would" or "no I wouldn't" (like looking at girls in a highschool yearbook) I am never going to pick a winner but instead just a collection of bikes that are all "good enough" to make whatever arbitrary cut I self-imposed.

As someone who has let voting bother me in the past but really doesn't give a rip at all anymore, let me remind all of you something I once heard an extremely wise person say.... The only time judging (or voting) is ever fair, is when you win.
the only time judging is fair is when there is judging criterias and when its restricted from public votes imo ..
but what you wrote above exposes a other thing , the fact that i believe most people vote on the finish picture look without taking into consideration the work involved , the finish product is very important , but the work behind it almost just as much imo , because if its only about the final picture ,anyone could just buy the most amazing bike and change 1 or 2 things on it .. i am not gonna lie, iam almost offended by how little amount of votes some extensive builds recieved compared to some other quick flips ..

Last edited:
I agree with Rat Rod above ^....too much thinking and not enough .....
(rhymes with 'thinking' )
ON ThaT note....here's to the first RRB Build-Off build completely produced in The BACK40 ...and all the rest; good, better, best - never let it rest! Cheers!

20160804_155617.jpg
20160804_155944.jpg

ON ThaT note....here's to the first RRB Build-Off build completely produced in The BACK40 ...and all the rest; good, better, best - never let it rest! Cheers!

View attachment 31194 View attachment 31193
Must build a bike bar now - just must

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

too.much.thinking.taking.place

View attachment 31194 View attachment 31193

I THINK, if we were voting on rust, mileage, and dust. I'd be kicking everybody's butt...that said, I'm off work tomorrow so I'm gonna go have a beer.:grin::113:

Latest posts

Back