You Guys Are Killing Me!!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I wanted to get into this build off so bad, I had a great idea. But I just had back surgery that put me out of action till about the middle of June. I'm hoping it's not any later than that. At least I get to watch all of you build some cool stuff. And there are a lot of cool builds going on this year too. Good luck to everyone. I'm enjoying watching but it would be more fun to be participating.

Heal up brother! No need to hurry back just to do more harm than good to your back! Do it right and there will be PLENTY of builds in your future!

Looking forward to some more Bike Bum builds!
Thanks. Yeah, back pain is forever and I don't want to make it worse. I am back to work but I'm milking it a little. I refuse to hurt my back anymore than it already is. I love riding motocross bikes so I'm not going to ruin that.

I went through that. Take it slow. I cut out of work early and increased my day at work by 15 minutes each day until I got up to 8 hours. I also had trouble walking as I could only take short steps. I started walking downhill to lengthen my stride. That was 20 some years ago and I am dong fine. You will figure out what is best for your recovery and you will know when you have done too much. I couldn't stand to do nothing so I carved a duck decoy out of foam. It was too painful to use wood. I made a plaster mould out of the decoy and used that to make more foam decoys. I still use them in my sets when duck hunting. I wanted to have something to show for my time. I know what I would do in your situation, I would get one of my bikes and polish the chrome and wax it. Do a little each day. The movement is therapy if you don't over do it. No lifting it though. I also do a half hour of stretching each day and that works magic for your back.

Man, back surgery blows (I've had 2 .......just for fun) I am still waiting to see Agent Orange finished, that is going to be amazing!! Get better!!

Hope you heal up soon man . Soak it up on the sidelines and you will be ready before ya know it .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I went through that. Take it slow. I cut out of work early and increased my day at work by 15 minutes each day until I got up to 8 hours. I also had trouble walking as I could only take short steps. I started walking downhill to lengthen my stride. That was 20 some years ago and I am dong fine. You will figure out what is best for your recovery and you will know when you have done too much. I couldn't stand to do nothing so I carved a duck decoy out of foam. It was too painful to use wood. I made a plaster mould out of the decoy and used that to make more foam decoys. I still use them in my sets when duck hunting. I wanted to have something to show for my time. I know what I would do in your situation, I would get one of my bikes and polish the chrome and wax it. Do a little each day. The movement is therapy if you don't over do it. No lifting it though. I also do a half hour of stretching each day and that works magic for your back.
Man, back surgery blows (I've had 2 .......just for fun) I am still waiting to see Agent Orange finished, that is going to be amazing!! Get better!!
Thanks. Yeah, I'm so bored I need to find a new hobby. I picked up a sewing machine yesterday, maybe I'll start making bike seats? I am kind of glad I'm not doing the build off this year because there are some very cool builds going on. Tough competition for sure this year.

Big Ape, I can actually do some fiberglass work since it's lightweight, so I'm working on molding the rear fender on to Agent Orange. I'll be posting pix soon.

Latest posts

Back