• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to RatRodBikes and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

SOLD SOLD Jan 2016

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
SOLD - Custom Painted Monark Chainguard - SurfaSonic = $17 - SOLD

FWIW, many Tachyon frames had the horizontal rear-entry ends. Mostly earlier examples, from what i gather.

I contacted Litespeed and they were able to tell me that this is a 1991 "Surburban" which was a variant on the Tachyon. It was actually the last "Surburban" they made.

I contacted Litespeed and they were able to tell me that this is a 1991 "Surburban" which was a variant on the Tachyon. It was actually the last "Surburban" they made.

That's awesome, not just b/c it's the last of its kind, but b/c Litespeed actually named a fast bike after a 40-lb Chicago Schwinn "lightweight." Interestingly enough, the '91 Litespeed catalog doesn't list a "Suburban", but it does show a Tachyon with rear-entry drop-outs (although it also has a curved seat-tube...). http://mombat.org/MOMBAT/BikeHistoryPages/Images/Litespeed-1991.pdf

The '90 catalog doesn't seem to name any models; just "road" and "mtn".
http://mombat.org/MOMBAT/BikeHistoryPages/Images/Litespeed-1990.pdf

Regardless, that's a smokin'-HOTT deal on a classic titanium road frame; if it were 57 or 58cm frame, i'd have to explain to my wife why i just spent $400 on yet another old bike frame..... GLWS

yup, 60 cm and it'd be on its way to meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Regardless, that's a smokin'-HOTT deal on a classic titanium road frame; if it were 57 or 58cm frame, i'd have to explain to my wife why i just spent $400 on yet another old bike frame..... GLWS

yup, 60 cm and it'd be on its way to meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Someone should buy this and build out a bike for their wife.
I have the 650C wheelset available too.

Your killing me on that Phat,,,,,,,,,, going home to see what I can sell.
Your in Savanna, right? maybe able to talk my wife into a romantic weekend,, and "accidentally" come home with a bike.

Yeah, I am in Savannah. This PHAT would be perfect for cruising around St Augustine!

SOLD - Shimano 9 Speed HG CS M760 Cassette = $20 - SOLD

SOLD - Kenda Nevegal 29er Tires + Tubes - Mountain Bicycle Bike 29x2.2 (700x55c) = $20 - SOLD

SOLD - Late 1940s CWC Chain Guard = $25 - SOLD

SOLD - SRAM GXP Team English BB = $10 - SOLD

SOLD - NEW in bag - Replica Chrome Schwinn Style 26" Springer Bicycle Fork = $35 - SOLD

SOLD - Schwinn Speedo (no cables) 1960s 70s = $15 - SOLD

SOLD - Vintage Metallic Blue Bicycle Seat = $30 - SOLD

SOLD - Ribbed Glass Lens Headlight = $10 - SOLD

SOLD - 1991 Litespeed Titanium 52cm Track Triathlon Road Bike Frame Fork = $360 - SOLD

ADDED SOME SHIFTERS AND OTHER PARTS

ADDED OLD HUBS TANK GUARDS Etc

Latest posts

Back