MBBO #04! Voting time!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This might be posted somewhere,but I didn't look.

I'm at an impasse on my build. I'm at the welding phase and I can't for the life of me weld two pieces of tubing together with my 110v stick welder.
It's lowest setting is 40 amps and I think that's to much.

So, would having someone else do the welding for me eliminate me from the competition? This thing is gonna be heavy and have an electric motor,so I want to do it right. If I have to withdraw from the build off I'm ok with that. Safety 3rd.
Normally we run a entrant only welding policy, but it appears I missed that rule out this year.
I already had someone else ask the same question and I am happy to let the posted rules stand for the year as the build-off has been under-way for a fair while already, and may or may not add it back next year depending on entrant feelings beforehand...

So, getting someone else to weld on your bike for you is fine for this MBBO.

Luke.

23970391476_1c93b122ab.jpg

:43:

Luke.

40 hours left at the time of this post!

Which way is the "Build Off Hall of Shame, Embarrassment, and/or Best Intentions?"

I bought two used bikes and ordered some parts at the end of August, waited until September 1st to start "wrenching" so the one would be eligible for the MBBO, then hit a bunch of snags and realized I wouldn't be able to finish before the deadline for multiple reasons. :( (The biggest reason is that it turned out a lot better than I'd expected, so now I want to paint the frame, buy even more parts, and do the whole thing "right." :113: )

Also somewhat comically, I turned the second bike into a BMX-ish klunker a few days before I saw the Offroad Build Off announced -- whoops!

Well, I'm done with two, the last just finished yesterday...
Now I'm ready to vote, and jump into the next build.
When does the BMX/Klunker BO start?

Carl.

77 minutes left!

Well, I'm done with two, the last just finished yesterday...
Now I'm ready to vote, and jump into the next build.
When does the BMX/Klunker BO start?

Carl.
Started yesterday, just start your thread in the regular builds section with the (ORBO) tag at the start of the title and when the MBBO voting is done I will move them into the new thread group.

Luke.

Latest posts

Back