(MBBO4 CLASS 1) X FACTOR

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Figured I'd give a breakdown of my x53 build. I bought the frame from oldfart36(Chris) last year in hopes to do something cool with it...it's future was unknown at the time! Got the electra rims from Billyz(Billy) local friend and fellow ratrodbike member (rear is a 24x3 Thick Brick and the front is a 26x2.125 Electra Retrorunner) bought the brooks saddle from him as well! Prchased the Dana 3spd transmission from tomburr (Sam). Did some trading with cthomps(Chad) for the chain guard that I modified to fit the Dana. I also had skirts laying around that I got from murdercycles(Jay). Things were coming together and started flowing as my concept of this mash up Western Flyer X53 with JC Higgins! Then I was hit with...the light, I had none. Searched and searched for something cool as the original light would break my bank!! Well another friend and fellow ratrodbike member CeeBee (Clint) had some parts I needed rear reflector and front springs and truss set up, mine were bent! He then showed me the Higgins light and it was exactly what I was looking for...perfect fit to the bike!!! Well as everything was coming together I was tankless and running out of time, coming down to the wire and the biggest part to complete the bike...I didn't have! Here's where yet another member Cda cruisers helped out with a tip for the tank on ebay, had to wait a week to win and surprisingly I did... at a good price too!! Now it was complete and I could continue to finish the build. I just wanted to say thanks to these guys, the ratrodbike members helped me make this thing what it is...my vision of X factor was becoming certainly clear now! Now it was time to pick the paint scheme, black and silver metallic flakes!!! I have to say that I've never been more excited about a build than I was with this one!!! Thank you all for the kind words and compliments that accompanied this build process, have to say it was fun build with all of you guys!!! I definitely want to do this again, thanks!

Last edited:
Very nice & classic . That is a sold bike for sure . Like a B-52 bomber [emoji95] it definitely packs a [emoji109] .....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great pics of a wicked build!!!
I love the work you did on the guard to make it work with the Dana.
Stock X-53s are bad on their own, but I love it when someone puts their own signature on one.

So cool love X-53's :thumbsup:

It's done! Great location shots!

Luke.
That is just some classic coolness! Awesome job!
Amazing

Bike looks great, love the chainguard. This reeks of awesomeness.
Amazing

Bike looks great, love the chainguard. This reeks of awesomeness.
Very nice & classic . That is a sold bike for sure . Like a B-52 bomber [emoji95] it definitely packs a [emoji109] .....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Wow this bike is cool! Great pictures.
Great pics of a wicked build!!!
I love the work you did on the guard to make it work with the Dana.
Stock X-53s are bad on their own, but I love it when someone puts their own signature on one.
So cool love X-53's :thumbsup:
Nice light.[emoji1]

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

I am humbled in the overwhelming compliments guys! Thank you all!!

This is an awesome bike! X-53 is on my list of favorite bikes. Outstanding job!:113:

Great bike, I really like the work that you did on the dana /chainguard / shifter!!
Very Nice! :praise:

Latest posts

Back