1975 Huffy Thunder road and a bad ... helmet and early repair stand

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
38   0   0
Picked up this "low mileage" 75 Huffy Thunder Road..Even had the plastic caps on the axles..The chrome on this bike is FANTASTIC!It must of been stored somewhere dry!I only hosed the dirt/dust off it,with a serious cleaning/detailing this thing will be AWESOME!
I also got an original "Captain American / Easy Rider" motorcycle helmet! And it fits my fat head!!
Annnnd an early Eldi repair stand..(PS I need another clamp if anyone has one for sale please LMK!:113:)

Parents bought me a brand new TR from Bills Dollar store around 1978. Isnt that bike suppose to have a chain guard???

Sent from my GT-P5113 using Tapatalk

Nope,no chain guard..well..actually it has a "chain guard" built in/attached to the sprocket.. That's all it came with..

Sweet bike, I rode one growing up, have been looking for another one.
Parents bought me a brand new TR from Bills Dollar store around 1978. Isnt that bike suppose to have a chain guard???

I know the earlier one's had a black with white pinstripes chain guard not sure if they all did. but that does look like an add on that I have found on some older bikes.

Yeah I think somebody did a crank swap and the rat trap pedals too. If it was adult ridden they may have liked the longer crank arms. Ive done that before and makes a huge difference. Heres my old WF with a crank and guard from an old 10 speed.

If you Google 1975 Huffy thunder road.. There's a bunch of them with the same crank set up.

That bike looks all original to me. The early Thunder Roads came with the long cranks and pie plate chainguards. Later versions came with full length guards. If you decide to sell it, let me know I might be interested.

411963321.jpg

Latest posts

Back