v 4.0

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No problem bro, it was just a language problem due to me not being too good at speaking english :D

Got soaked mountain biking Saturday morning, but after a meal and a hot shower managed to get a little work done on the rear seat mounts...

Thanks John :nod:

There will be a 12 volt led motorcycle tail light on top of the crossbar under the seat. I'm debating whether to add a matching pair of gussets behind the rear seat mount to reduce the somewhat squared off look

Thanks Dash:

Ordered the seat and mount kit off Aliexpress. I'm impressed with the quality, I cut the front mount to get it lower to the frame.

The build is coming along nicely!
I'm debating whether to add a matching pair of gussets behind the rear seat mount to reduce the somewhat squared off look
I think you are right, it needs something there to give it some transition to the seat mount...

Luke.

Had a chance to do some work over the Remembrance Day holiday. Looks like the battery/electronics box will fit nicely between the pedals. The new battery technology is amazing, that little blue box is 30ah at 48 volts, should have at least 60km of range.

Had a chance to do some work over the Remembrance Day holiday. Looks like the battery/electronics box will fit nicely between the pedals. The new battery technology is amazing, that little blue box is 30ah at 48 volts, should have at least 60km of range.
That's the kind of battery I need to find for Air Force Too, the three 12v batteries are to cumbersome.

Falstaff:

Here you go, a link to the site where I purchased mine. Fast shipping, arrived at my doorstep in one week from China. My Science! build uses two LiFePo4 packs and only has 20ah total, each pack is larger and heavier than the new one which has 3x the capacity. If you make the investment to newer battery technologies you can buy a smart battery charger from ebikes.ca that greatly extends the life of your pack by only charging the battery to 80-90% while still balance charging it. Electric propulsion takes a huge leap of faith as the costs are nearly all up front. :soapbox:

One week....from China:13:

I actually lucked out on my electricals, found a brand new ebike at the thrift store for not much.
Thanks for the link, when my welding is up to par I'll finish my build.

Progress on the battery and controller framework. There's a mount for the dc/dc converter below the controller and slots for the velco straps that will secure the battery.

Will the battery and controller get hot?would it be OK to conceal all that stuff? I really want to build one now that your bike is looking so good,thanks for inspiration

Will the battery and controller get hot?would it be OK to conceal all that stuff? I really want to build one now that your bike is looking so good,thanks for inspiration
I only have experience with the ebike I was going to use for my Air Force Too build, but the batteries on it are under the seat and the controller is hidden under a faux gas tank.
So I'd say you can probably conceal them just about any way you want.

I don't see it being a problem. I've run this setup hard for a long time and never had any overheating trouble. The rear of the box won't be sealed in and I'm running the 84 volt controller on 48 volts.

Decided I didn't like the rear mounts for the seat, they made the back of the bike look squared off and interupted the flow of the upper stays. Finished the rest of the framing for the battery/controller box too. Time to look at the handlebars in the next couple of days. I'd like to incorporate a kickstand on this build as well, I get tired of looking for something to lean the bike on every time I stop.

I have a kickstand idea for a future build that might be cool.
In the remake of RoboCop, there's a scene where Robo parks his motorcycle and a kickstand automatically comes out under the frame.
Maybe a small motor from a rotary tool or something could make that work.

Put together a set of barz for the bike. Still need to cut them to length, put 7/8 reducers in, plus finish the headlight and Cycle Analyst mounts.

Quick question, if I hook 48 volts to a 36 volt motor will I get more speed and range? And will it harm the motor?

Latest posts

Back