show your Spaceliners!!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've used 26x2.125 which I think look great with or without fenders,. naturally you have more a headache with, but when fitted right look really slick., like the fenders are painted on ;) Im on 26x1.75 Bridgestones right now.
Did you have to do anything out of the ordinary to make them fit? I was trying to do that on my 60 flightliner. I think I have to add another link to my chain for some reason. blwnmny

Did you have to do anything out of the ordinary to make them fit? I was trying to do that on my 60 flightliner. I think I have to add another link to my chain for some reason. blwnmny

No, ballooners [26X2.125] should fit on their own when you remove the fenders., nice and easy.
With fenders you have a few afternoons of shaping sheet metal in JUST the right way to get that., "could be stock" fender gliding on the tire like its painted on look.

If I rock it with ballooners, I happen to think it looks better without the fenders to show off the big tires better.

Sorry about the snow, does the tires little justice, but thats a pair of ballooners.

FZ
Right%20Side_zpszvbraoge.jpg

Here,. this ones a little more clear.

ALW_zps7xsaheeg.jpg

Hey Chris, when I was fitting mine up with 2.125 tires, I had to put notches in the fender at the seat stays. That was the only way that I could make it work with fenders. I haven't tried the front fender, but I bet it would need to be notched also.

Notches at the seat stay? I don't mean to sound stupid, but I'm trying to visualize what you did. :39: :)
Just cut a notch out of each side of the fender where it goes thru the seat stays. Then you are able to spread the fender to accept the wider tire. The added chain link will help also.

Id did this one several years ago donated to a charity for an auction. Didn't do as well as I hoped (it sold for less than I put into it)

2012-09-15_16-24-09_8_zpsvxn1wtdm.jpg

2012-09-15_16-24-41_377_zpss6tz0kqp.jpg

My son helped me clean it up for the display
2012-09-29_15-46-13_61_zpsz3fkae8g.jpg

and then I forgot to take a decent photo of it on display
2012-10-06_19-05-56_906_zpswfnaewhk.jpg

Latest posts

Back