VOTE HERE! - OFFICIAL B.O. VOTE

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Select your 3 favorite bikes!

• 1. 1951 CwC custom flat tracker - G-Matt

Votes: 22 9.4%
  • 2. 26" muscle/cruiser - topnotchisx

Votes: 3 1.3%
  • 3. 37 Elman Streamline Deluxe - Waldo Jeffers

Votes: 40 17.2%
  • 4. '39 Red-Balloons - Rory

Votes: 4 1.7%
  • 5. 8-ply - deven_science

Votes: 17 7.3%
  • 6. Artemus - Falstaff

• 7. Autumnic Dog - Sharmangsaurusrex

Votes: 8 3.4%
  • 8. Awe10Shun - 2dawgs

Votes: 7 3.0%
  • 9. Beer Boy Delivery - OddJob

Votes: 10 4.3%
  • 10. Billy Bobber "Phantom X" - billy bob customs

Votes: 9 3.9%
  • 11. Bultaco Flat Tracker - Portland Rob

• 12. cafe racer - HuffDaddy

Votes: 13 5.6%
  • 13. Classic rat renamed TRAVELLAR - g-ratter

Votes: 2 0.9%
  • 14. Columbia Convertible Commuter - The Renaissance Man

Votes: 28 12.0%
  • 15. Compax Traveler - Dan Hampton

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • 16. Da BLABBERMOUTH - Jake Sensi

Votes: 6 2.6%
  • 17. Da Brat aka Chameleon - seangee

• 18. Daddy Long Legs - boro

• 19. Der Boten Baron/Felt Red Baron - rydr1

• 20. Destino Flyer - karfer67

Votes: 17 7.3%
  • 21. Earl Grey - kingsting

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 22. Edsel Corsair - scrumblero

• 23. El Chango Laton (That Funky Monkey) - gowjobs

Votes: 13 5.6%
  • 24. El Dinero - cherrydeuce

Votes: 5 2.1%
  • 25. Eliminator - Scribble

• 26. EvansColson-special commander - MazdaFlyer

• 27. Fat trooper - Metal///DIY

Votes: 14 6.0%
  • 28. Fenix - fordsnake

Votes: 45 19.3%
  • 29. Fire arrow - idiotboy

• 30. Firestone Super Klunker - joel.romeo.79

• 31. Flameliner - MrLeghorn

• 32. Gasser - horsefarmer

• 33. Geneva - American Vintage Bicycle Supply

• 34. Gentleman's Indian cycle - Pushie Pirate

• 35. Get-R-Done - tvc15

• 36. Growler Grabber - kim_dude

• 37. Helen A. Handbasket - Heavy Pedal

• 38. HellCamino - nateyboy

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • 39. Hot Fun In the Summertime - Jane Says

• 40. Hot Rod Chopper - 65rat

• 41. Huffman BareFlyte - Dr.Tankenstein

Votes: 7 3.0%
  • 42. Immaculate Deception - brett4christ

• 43. Janky - texasbigjohn

• 44. Jinxed - kensmurray

• 45. Jukadi - us56456712

• 46. Junk Crafted HIGGINS - MONARKofSoCal

• 47. Krazy Horse - KempRacing

• 48. Lady Snake - karl

• 49. Las Ditch F4T - IronDio

• 50. Liberty - bikedudeomaha

• 51. Low Buck Lady Layback - Ogre

• 52. M*A*S*H 4077th - kowalski385

• 53. Middle Child - noodlenoggin

• 54. Mint Trip - Pedal_Junky

• 55. MixFiT - Vin-New

• 56. MotoDromo Special 11 - jasper87

Votes: 32 13.7%
  • 57. Murican Flyer - hammer mechanic

• 58. Nes Quick - darren orange

• 59. Nuthin' Special - metalchewey

• 60. Quasimoto - macncheese

• 61. RAMCHARGERS Drag Bike - roadwarrior

Votes: 23 9.9%
  • 62. Red Sterling 1941 Westfield Prewar Tank Bike - tanksalot

• 63. Red Velvet - Kev Higgins

• 64. Rot-Ten Colson - schwinnspastic

• 65. Route 66 Rollfast Cruiser - Vintage-Iron

• 66. Rusty Trails - SoulGarageOH

• 67. SB-ll aka Sunday Best - gsc

• 68. Schwinn Spitfire Reboot - Yooperman

• 69. Screaming Rabbit - Georgeediii

Votes: 21 9.0%
  • 70. Sil's BDay Present : Que Sera Sera - MplsCoaster

• 71. Silver Surfer - Bike Bum

• 72. Simply Klunkin - heartlandcruisers

• 73. SLIVER - jodphoto

• 74. sweet leaf - cthomps

• 75. The Bonneville Roadster - drabe

Votes: 31 13.3%
  • 76. The build formerly known as Harlequin - GuitarCarl

• 77. The Coop-ster - drangnusa

• 78. The General Lee - ChadT

• 79. The Huffster - DC4L

• 80. The Porcellio - EdgarS

• 81. The Ugly Duckling (Black Phantom Klunker) - schwinn boy

• 82. The Weenie Wagon - Funkme

Votes: 14 6.0%
  • 83. The White Rabbit - order99

• 84. Thunder Klunk - kevin kanouff

• 85. Under Pressure - c1run1

Votes: 9 3.9%
  • 86. Verboten - kingfish254

Votes: 81 34.8%
  • 87. Vinyl Schwinn - Canon

• 88. War Boy - j.sutterfield

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I think part of the allure to verbalize on said subject of voting verses winning is the pomposity and magnaminous ridiculishushness of some of the ideals floating around... To think that there is actually a BEST bike... Hoho! That, and there's not much else going on till the MBBO#4!
(I'm bored!) :headbang:

Carl.

I had it narrowed down to 15 bikes. The only one I was for sure about was #61-Ramchargers. That left 14 to choose two more from. :arghh: From all the talk here I was pretty sure who had the most votes so I stayed away from them, mainly because one more vote wasn't going to matter anyway. I was torn between, #'s 3, 5, 14, 20, 24, 31, 34, 47, 52, 56, 67, 75, 85 and 86. :whew: I ended out using my last two choices on #24, because I like it and I know the amount of work he put into it. Then #31. I'm a hot rodder and this bike really screams hot rod to me. I mainly vote for bikes that I would not only like to ride but like to own. I wish I could have given #'s 47, 56 and 85 a vote too. :inlove: Congrats to everyone!!

I think part of the allure to verbalize on said subject of voting verses winning is the pomposity and magnaminous ridiculishushness of some of the ideals floating around... To think that there is actually a BEST bike... Hoho! That, and there's not much else going on till the MBBO#4!
(I'm bored!) :headbang:

Carl.
How can you possibly get bored when you use big words like those?

I just went back and looked through the pics of all of my fellow zero vote getters. Really is telling how many crazy awesome bikes there were in this build off when none of those have votes, because there are some really killer rides in there. I don't feel bad at all for having them as company. I think a few of us may have suffered from not making sure we had our best picture as the first one in our finished thread. I certainly could have had a much cooler picture had the weather cooperated but that's what you get when you take it down to the wire.

I don't harbor any such suspicion. The numbers don't seem to reflect that to me. I guess somebody might do it, but I seriously doubt that many do. I also think that voting being affected by disclosure is not necessarily a good thing. How ya gonna enjoy playin' bikes with someone who is or who you think may be second guessing your votes? None the less, if it's all good to you I'm sure you're aware you are free to divulge your choices. :grin: I picked 15, 28, and 63. :thumbsup:

Cheers for the nod! I'm not surprised at what's getting votes but am surprised at what isn't. Because it isn't judged by a panel, it's more a popularity contest in my opinion. Thanks again for your vote

You know, I didn't get a single vote either-who cares? We had 88 Finished Builds this year! Look at the pages and pages of PRETTY BIKES! LOOKIT!! GAZE UPON THE GLORY THAT IS RRB-yeah okay i'll stop now...:21:

My only (minor) complaint was that we only had three votes and so many, many many beautiful Builds to choose from! Oh, the sweet pain of too many choices...:rolleyes:

I didn't build a bike to get into the contest-I just happened to have been given a load of free (if damaged) parts and the contest still had two days on it...if there had been no Contest I would have given the paint an extra two days to cure, and might have re-trued and repacked some rims instead of using some really nice ones that happened to be pink(missing out on the fact that pink actually looks good with the other colors!) and posted my creation in the Builds section. If I happen to have money, parts and time and RRB doesn't have a Contest going on, am I going to wait on you guys? NOPE, i'll build it anyway!

Here's what I, myself, got out of this contest:

1) I GOTTA BIKE!! WHEEEE!!! :D
2) Hey, LBS, thanks for the 'broken' parts! Lookit What i'm riding! Seriously, you toss this stuff in the dumpster? Here, let me point you to RRB and show you the right way to dispose of unwanted bits...
3) Pages and pages and pages of rolling Art! (droooool!).
4) Builders with ten times my experience and twenty times my equipment are giving me " Attaboy!" and " Nice Build!" just because I happen to have a hacksaw, MAAP gas and an adjustable wrench at hand sitting next to some leftover paint-I don't deserve it, but Thanks!
5) I am watching the Masters at work and scribbling down all of their secrets! And they encourage me to do it! Free training is free!
6) People look at the White Rabbit and want to know where I can buy one-I point to the nearest dumpster. :rofl:

Really, don't change a thing...although if everyone got 5 votes next time we might get a few more 'Instant Replay' finishes?

Are you people building a bike for yourself or for the sole purpose of build off?

I build my bikes for me to ride around Savannah on. The Build Off just makes me push the bounds of my creativity. For me, it's tough to beat the fun and camaraderie during the Build Off itself. We all feed off of each other's creations. When it stops being fun, I'm outta here. But this is my fifth one and I'm still having a blast!

Are you people building a bike for yourself or for the sole purpose of build off?
That's exactly what my rant was about. If you're doing it for a trophy, you're wasting my time!! BTW, your bike made my top 5 list. Top 5 out of 88, that's pretty good! I wish I had more votes because you definitely would have gotten one from me.

This year I probably built my bike more for the build off than for myself. Wasn't looking for a trophy, just something to do.

Just looked over the list again to see how voting is at the last few minutes,I'm still amazed that some of these bikes don't have many votes.
Since I can't add more votes in the poll,I'll do it here. One vote to everyone from me.
:happy::41::thumbsup::praise::rockout::113::banana:

This is unofficial,but congrats to.
Kingfish,Fordsnake,and Waldo Jeffers

Last edited by a moderator:
It's definitely not about getting votes.......but I'd like to say a big THANK YOU to all eight people that voted for Autumnic Dog. It's quite flattering to think that eight members here voted for my build with so many cool, stylish, boundary pushing, artistic builds this year. I am humbled.

I buildem for me or my friends and family. The next one, starting this week will be a rollfast delivery, for my god daugter to ride back amd forth to the communuty college on. I ride my bikes, if its in my stable, it gets ridden.

From this buildoff, I got a cool bike to ride and have fun on., the seat is just starting to soften up to my rear. About 25pct broken in.
85486dbae8e9ebd039575f81b9d05ff7.jpg

I did get 100% more votes than last year. ;-) I At least built a bike worthy enuff for me to toss one of my votes at ;-)

I see the voting as a 'like the bike' contest, many shapes and colors, some turn the head and standout. I did like being able to vote the two classes last year, but understand the pains in doing so..

This was a little of both for me. I built the bike for a dependable and comfortable rider just the way I wanted it (for myself). This was a type of bike that I had been thinking about building for a while. I had planned to skip this build off, but when I got the frame from Flying Zombie a week before the build off started, I got excited about it and decided to use the build off to show case how my convertible tanks will fit a Columbia frame. The build off also forces me to finish it in three months. Hopefully it will inspire someone else to convert their girl's frame too!

Considering the type of bike that I built, I'm very happy with finishing in 6th place and would like to thank everyone for their votes and kind words!

Last edited:
It's definitely not about getting votes.......but I'd like to say a big THANK YOU to all eight people that voted for Autumnic Dog. It's quite flattering to think that eight members here voted for my build with so many cool, stylish, boundary pushing, artistic builds this year. I am humbled.
For what it's worth, you also made my final seven. I still can't get that chain guard and color combo out of my head!

I have to be honest,I'm not about votes. I knew I probably wouldn't get many,but at the same time the competitive spirit in me didn't want to come in last.
That being said, I'd like to thank all 3 of you for voting for Artemus. Who would've thought? Wagon wheels on a trike.:eek:

Well that was fun!

Big shout out to all of the builders that finished this year!!!! (and hopes that the rest keep us updated on the progress of their builds)!!!!

I especially want to thank everyone that dug VerBoten enough to cast a vote my way. I am honored and humbled that you voted for my work. THANK YOU!!

More than the votes though, I want to thank all of you for the laughs, ideas, camaraderie, and inspirational work that you each shared during this Build Off. That is what keeps me coming back to these each year. We have a great community here and it is only magnified during the Build Offs. THANK YOU!!

I hope everyone has a blast riding their trophies!!!!

Haha, yep. When I build my bikes, I'm like, "this is pretty cool", and have no idea if someone else is gonna like it. And if ONE person makes a positive conment on my build, I'm good with that. As far as voting goes, I vote for a bike that I'd like to ride, and have in my garage. Everyone is different. And if you vote for yourself, I'm pretty sure that's not gonna be a tie breaker. So chill people, drink a frosty pop, and ride your bikes. :soapbox::113:

Latest posts

Back