VOTE HERE! - OFFICIAL B.O. VOTE

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Select your 3 favorite bikes!

• 1. 1951 CwC custom flat tracker - G-Matt

Votes: 22 9.4%
  • 2. 26" muscle/cruiser - topnotchisx

Votes: 3 1.3%
  • 3. 37 Elman Streamline Deluxe - Waldo Jeffers

Votes: 40 17.2%
  • 4. '39 Red-Balloons - Rory

Votes: 4 1.7%
  • 5. 8-ply - deven_science

Votes: 17 7.3%
  • 6. Artemus - Falstaff

• 7. Autumnic Dog - Sharmangsaurusrex

Votes: 8 3.4%
  • 8. Awe10Shun - 2dawgs

Votes: 7 3.0%
  • 9. Beer Boy Delivery - OddJob

Votes: 10 4.3%
  • 10. Billy Bobber "Phantom X" - billy bob customs

Votes: 9 3.9%
  • 11. Bultaco Flat Tracker - Portland Rob

• 12. cafe racer - HuffDaddy

Votes: 13 5.6%
  • 13. Classic rat renamed TRAVELLAR - g-ratter

Votes: 2 0.9%
  • 14. Columbia Convertible Commuter - The Renaissance Man

Votes: 28 12.0%
  • 15. Compax Traveler - Dan Hampton

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • 16. Da BLABBERMOUTH - Jake Sensi

Votes: 6 2.6%
  • 17. Da Brat aka Chameleon - seangee

• 18. Daddy Long Legs - boro

• 19. Der Boten Baron/Felt Red Baron - rydr1

• 20. Destino Flyer - karfer67

Votes: 17 7.3%
  • 21. Earl Grey - kingsting

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 22. Edsel Corsair - scrumblero

• 23. El Chango Laton (That Funky Monkey) - gowjobs

Votes: 13 5.6%
  • 24. El Dinero - cherrydeuce

Votes: 5 2.1%
  • 25. Eliminator - Scribble

• 26. EvansColson-special commander - MazdaFlyer

• 27. Fat trooper - Metal///DIY

Votes: 14 6.0%
  • 28. Fenix - fordsnake

Votes: 45 19.3%
  • 29. Fire arrow - idiotboy

• 30. Firestone Super Klunker - joel.romeo.79

• 31. Flameliner - MrLeghorn

• 32. Gasser - horsefarmer

• 33. Geneva - American Vintage Bicycle Supply

• 34. Gentleman's Indian cycle - Pushie Pirate

• 35. Get-R-Done - tvc15

• 36. Growler Grabber - kim_dude

• 37. Helen A. Handbasket - Heavy Pedal

• 38. HellCamino - nateyboy

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • 39. Hot Fun In the Summertime - Jane Says

• 40. Hot Rod Chopper - 65rat

• 41. Huffman BareFlyte - Dr.Tankenstein

Votes: 7 3.0%
  • 42. Immaculate Deception - brett4christ

• 43. Janky - texasbigjohn

• 44. Jinxed - kensmurray

• 45. Jukadi - us56456712

• 46. Junk Crafted HIGGINS - MONARKofSoCal

• 47. Krazy Horse - KempRacing

• 48. Lady Snake - karl

• 49. Las Ditch F4T - IronDio

• 50. Liberty - bikedudeomaha

• 51. Low Buck Lady Layback - Ogre

• 52. M*A*S*H 4077th - kowalski385

• 53. Middle Child - noodlenoggin

• 54. Mint Trip - Pedal_Junky

• 55. MixFiT - Vin-New

• 56. MotoDromo Special 11 - jasper87

Votes: 32 13.7%
  • 57. Murican Flyer - hammer mechanic

• 58. Nes Quick - darren orange

• 59. Nuthin' Special - metalchewey

• 60. Quasimoto - macncheese

• 61. RAMCHARGERS Drag Bike - roadwarrior

Votes: 23 9.9%
  • 62. Red Sterling 1941 Westfield Prewar Tank Bike - tanksalot

• 63. Red Velvet - Kev Higgins

• 64. Rot-Ten Colson - schwinnspastic

• 65. Route 66 Rollfast Cruiser - Vintage-Iron

• 66. Rusty Trails - SoulGarageOH

• 67. SB-ll aka Sunday Best - gsc

• 68. Schwinn Spitfire Reboot - Yooperman

• 69. Screaming Rabbit - Georgeediii

Votes: 21 9.0%
  • 70. Sil's BDay Present : Que Sera Sera - MplsCoaster

• 71. Silver Surfer - Bike Bum

• 72. Simply Klunkin - heartlandcruisers

• 73. SLIVER - jodphoto

• 74. sweet leaf - cthomps

• 75. The Bonneville Roadster - drabe

Votes: 31 13.3%
  • 76. The build formerly known as Harlequin - GuitarCarl

• 77. The Coop-ster - drangnusa

• 78. The General Lee - ChadT

• 79. The Huffster - DC4L

• 80. The Porcellio - EdgarS

• 81. The Ugly Duckling (Black Phantom Klunker) - schwinn boy

• 82. The Weenie Wagon - Funkme

Votes: 14 6.0%
  • 83. The White Rabbit - order99

• 84. Thunder Klunk - kevin kanouff

• 85. Under Pressure - c1run1

Votes: 9 3.9%
  • 86. Verboten - kingfish254

Votes: 81 34.8%
  • 87. Vinyl Schwinn - Canon

• 88. War Boy - j.sutterfield

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
About voting categories… there's nothing stopping people from doing their own sub-categories. I did one for Best Ladies Frame and decided what bikes to include. Renaissance Man did one for Best Photo and chose to include all entries except his own.

Since putting up the Best Ladies Frame voting thread, I also thought of doing a Best Unfinished one for everyone that didn't make the deadline, but decided not to this time. The point is, if you want to start a thread for a particular category such as Best Paint or Best Wheel/Tyre Combination or whatever, then just do it. It's your thread so you make the rules for voting in it. You decide what gets put there to be voted on. You decide what, if any, prize there is. It's pretty simple really o_O

Glen.
This makes more sense than anything else.^

There is no way to set this up that will please everyone. In the three years that I've participated, Steve has tried various rules to address these concerns, and every year a similar debate emerges. The thing is, with the current parameters, everyone gets to build the bike that they choose to build. How can it be any better than that? After all, win loose or draw, you are left with the bike that you built.

As Glen pointed out, if you're passionate about a particular aspect of bike building, you can set up a sub-category with whatever rules that you see fit. That would just add to the fun!

I voted for Beer Boy Delivery as my crusty ride (and the other beer themed name), the Weenie Wagon because it just was crazy cool, and Verboten because holy carp is that thing is beautiful. There are tons of other bikes that I loved and would be more than proud to ride but just didn't have the votes to give out. Someone probably should have started a subcategory for fabricated bikes.

I voted for Beer Boy Delivery as my crusty ride (and the other beer themed name), the Weenie Wagon because it just was crazy cool, and Verboten because holy carp is that thing is beautiful. There are tons of other bikes that I loved and would be more than proud to ride but just didn't have the votes to give out. Someone probably should have started a subcategory for fabricated bikes.
kim_dude....a case of Grain Belt will be "delivered" to you shortly! :bigsmile: All kidding aside, thanks for the vote of confidence in what I was trying to achieve!

This makes more sense than anything else.^

There is no way to set this up that will please everyone. In the three years that I've participated, Steve has tried various rules to address these concerns, and every year a similar debate emerges. The thing is, with the current parameters, everyone gets to build the bike that they choose to build. How can it be any better than that? After all, win loose or draw, you are left with the bike that you built.

As Glen pointed out, if you're passionate about a particular aspect of bike building, you can set up a sub-category with whatever rules that you see fit. That would just add to the fun!
...or you create your own prize category and reward as many as you like that fulfill those parameters....:)

12, 14, & 28. I didn't vote for myself, it's not in the top three imo. BUT, somebody did, thank you mystery voter. Did I fish for votes? Ha, I pulled a frame swap just to get a roller across the finish line. But you know what? Somebody appreciated the effort I put into lacing those rims, or they couldn't get past the smile they wore watching that ride video... somebody insinuating a bike with no chance of winning, gets a throw away vote is an insult. Like many have said, at the end of the day, I have a fun bike to ride.

Carl.

I'm with GuitarCarl! I didn't vote for my own, I wanted to believe it was worthy, but felt there were waaaaaay too many builds far superior to ANYTHING I could come up with.

In the end, I voted for 7, 56 and 75....all for my own reasons. I don't disagree with any of the front runners, as they all are very deserving. I would clear a place in my garage for ANY of the bikes in the build-off, complete or not!!

What surprised me is that my build has 2 votes, one being from a member that started the "If you could only vote for one..." thread!!! I was FLOORED when he singled mine out of the 88! Guess I'm not so far out in left field after all!!!

If anyone is upset about the number of votes you get, take notes from this years' build-off (and previous), study each of the winners, then apply your findings to next year's build. I just hope YOU like how it comes out!!!

Thanks Funk, I thought you were one of my votes. I'm glad you like it.
Love the Weenie Wagon too,by the way. How's the steering?
Steering is easy,the wind even pushes it around,to make it firmer to stop this I will attach some springs on each side.

354657d1203609189-holy-carp-holy-carp.jpg
:rofl:
Beer boy bike was brilliant,loved it.Just to many great bikes.
Thanx for the vote.

build
bild/
verb
  1. 1.
    construct by putting parts or material together over a period of time.
This is the first definition that came up for the word "build". I believe what you are insinuating is this word:
cre·ate
krēˈāt/
verb
  1. bring (something) into existence.
    synonyms: produce, generate, bring into being, make, fabricate, fashion
It was a "Build Off". Not a "Create Off".

: to connect or put together the parts of (something, such as a toy or machine)

I have a suggestion....take a deep breath...step away from the computer....have fun building and riding cool bikes. :happy:

I intentionally try to keep this build off as low key and simplistic as possible. Too many rules, voting details and prizes eventually leads to people taking things waaaaay too serious. I've been involved in enough car shows and car clubs over the years to know that this stuff has a tendency of bringing out the worst in people. :envy:

Ask all of the past winners how much of a significant impact winning an RRB build off has had on their lives.....(crickets chirping). :21:

Keep it light, keep it simple and keep it fun. ;)

If anyone is upset about the number of votes you get, take notes from this years' build-off (and previous), study each of the winners, then apply your findings to next year's build. I just hope YOU like how it comes out!!!

brett4christ

Oh no don't tell them to do that
Then there will be mostly rare and desirable frames (i.e expensive), a lot of fabrication or using a lot of hard to find and expensive parts
plus fat rear tires (skinny tires only ok up front)
I am not saying that it is a bad thing but I personally like seeing a lot of variation as well as simple builds
heck the only way I was able to be able to do some of that stuff with Junk Crafted HIGGINS was I used a 24" frame and tank
Which are far less desirable If I wanted to go for more votes I would have had to use a 26" frame and tank
so it would have cost me a lot more $
plus I never would have done to a 26" tank (unless I could have found a really nasty tank) what I did to that 24" tank
In the end I built what I consider a top notch bike that I am extremely happy with
However the voting is showing that I was just to far off the beaten path for most peoples taste

c1run1
I am one of the people who posts on Fb to show off my bikes,I am not running for president,but I am having some fun. NOT one of my friends have joined to vote for me,this year.As you can see I only have 14 votes.One of those is mine,so make that 13.I think that is the place I am in.:39:Mmmm lucky 13
I had one friend join when I built 67,because the boy helped.
And one who voted for aod because they came around and saw the bike.Both vote from time to time if they are not busy, gen in the winter,as we all have busy lives here.
You built a fab bike,just like many others did.
You all win a prize,and that's a new bike...

Ask all of the past winners how much of a significant impact winning an RRB build off has had on their lives.....(crickets chirping). :21:
As last years winner, I have to say that the only significant impact that I experienced was the flood of marriage proposals that I received from women in prison. I already have a beautiful wife, so nothing really changed. It is flattering though. :D

Oh no don't tell them to do that
Then there will be mostly rare and desirable frames (i.e expensive), a lot of fabrication or using a lot of hard to find and expensive parts
plus fat rear tires (skinny tires only ok up front)
I am not saying that it is a bad thing but I personally like seeing a lot of variation as well as simple builds
heck the only way I was able to be able to do some of that stuff with Junk Crafted HIGGINS was I used a 24" frame and tank
Which are far less desirable If I wanted to go for more votes I would have had to use a 26" frame and tank
so it would have cost me a lot more $
plus I never would have done to a 26" tank (unless I could have found a really nasty tank) what I did to that 24" tank
In the end I built what I consider a top notch bike that I am extremely happy with
However the voting is showing that I was just to far off the beaten path for most peoples taste

The point I was trying to make (and apparently failed miserably) is that, even if you win the build-off, did you build a bike that you would like AND ride?!?!

In my opinion, it defeats the purpose if you build something you hate just to try and win a (relatively) meaningless build-off!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a suggestion....take a deep breath...step away from the computer....have fun building and riding cool bikes. :happy:

I intentionally try to keep this build off as low key and simplistic as possible. Too many rules, voting details and prizes eventually leads to people taking things waaaaay too serious. I've been involved in enough car shows and car clubs over the years to know that this stuff has a tendency of bringing out the worst in people. :envy:

Keep it light, keep it simple and keep it fun. ;)
This is my thought exactly!! I have the same problem with putting on car shows. Some people only go for the free door prizes and trophies. If all you care about is a stupid trophy then I don't want you at my show. Cherrydeuce and I put on a pre 1964 Traditional hot rod car show every year. We hand out NO trophies but make sure everyone has a great time. Without the worry of whose going to win a stupid trophy, the participants have a better, non-stressfull time. Plus, they walk around and meet everyone else without the thought of, "These people are my competition, I don't want to talk to them".

I don't like trophies. I have a box full of them throughout my life, from baseball to car shows. I do like giving away appreciation awards. Like custom painted bowling pins or some random car part that's been pinstriped, but they're for being true to the hobby and an all around good person. Again, if you're here for the trophy only, then you're here for the wrong reason. :soapbox: Now I need to go cast my vote.

As last years winner, I have to say that the only significant impact that I experienced was the flood of marriage proposals that I received from women in prison. I already have a beautiful wife, so nothing really changed. It is flattering though. :D
I think I also received a marriage proposal after the winter build off...1 compared to yr prison full.:rofl:
I also won a permanent grin,when I ride my bikes...

Latest posts

Back