Lots of cool bikes.....but one stands out..

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some entries just stray too far from what most members expect from a "Rat Rod Bike".

I knew when I started my build that it was the wrong build for this site, but it was the bike that I wanted, and the build-off was my motivation to complete it in a reasonable amount of time. Shiny paint, skinny tires and drop bars turned off several people I am sure, and a $300 set of fenders definitely doesn't follow the rat vibe.
I'm stoked to have as many votes as El Chango Laton has managed to accumulate so far, and even more so in the company of builds of the quality of most completed this BO.

Some entries just stray too far from what most members expect from a "Rat Rod Bike".

I knew when I started my build that it was the wrong build for this site, but it was the bike that I wanted, and the build-off was my motivation to complete it in a reasonable amount of time. Shiny paint, skinny tires and drop bars turned off several people I am sure, and a $300 set of fenders definitely doesn't follow the rat vibe.
I'm stoked to have as many votes as El Chango Laton has managed to accumulate so far, and even more so in the company of builds of the quality of most completed this BO.
Your build was spectacular , but the problem is competition was tough this year, very tough! !

Your bike is sick bro i love that thing.

Sent from my LGL31L using Tapatalk

Same here. Building a commuter bike in a sea of rat bikes is a pretty clear indication that I was not building a vote magnet. :bigsmile: I suppose if there were some magnificent prize I might be inclined to build for votes, but the prize is the bike, so I built the prize the way I wanted it!

Having said that, I'm grateful for every vote. Anyone who received a vote means that someone considered that bike either 1st 2nd or 3rd place out of 88 bikes!

By the way, for what it's worth, El Chango Laton was on my short list for voting. Very cool bike!

Anyone who received a vote means that someone considered that bike either 1st 2nd or 3rd place out of 88 bikes!

Too right.
Two of the bikes I voted for only had one other vote each.
Maybe they weren't many people's top three, but to me they were completely awesome and I'd be stoked to have them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is hard for me, because I tend to agree with the op, but it's just really tricky to get into that sweet spot of having enough classic/vintage aspects to your build that the majority of people here would like, but doing enough customizing that your build stands out, without going over the top is hard.

It's one of the main reasons pretty much gave up early this year, I didn't have the tools to get my vision across, and didn't want to settle for what amounts to parts swapping and paint. Probably built 8 bikes during the BO, but didn't feel like breaking down the process via pictures, when there wasn't a whole lot of "customizing" done to any of them.

Latest posts

Back