VOTE HERE! - OFFICIAL B.O. VOTE

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Select your 3 favorite bikes!

• 1. 1951 CwC custom flat tracker - G-Matt

Votes: 22 9.4%
  • 2. 26" muscle/cruiser - topnotchisx

Votes: 3 1.3%
  • 3. 37 Elman Streamline Deluxe - Waldo Jeffers

Votes: 40 17.2%
  • 4. '39 Red-Balloons - Rory

Votes: 4 1.7%
  • 5. 8-ply - deven_science

Votes: 17 7.3%
  • 6. Artemus - Falstaff

• 7. Autumnic Dog - Sharmangsaurusrex

Votes: 8 3.4%
  • 8. Awe10Shun - 2dawgs

Votes: 7 3.0%
  • 9. Beer Boy Delivery - OddJob

Votes: 10 4.3%
  • 10. Billy Bobber "Phantom X" - billy bob customs

Votes: 9 3.9%
  • 11. Bultaco Flat Tracker - Portland Rob

• 12. cafe racer - HuffDaddy

Votes: 13 5.6%
  • 13. Classic rat renamed TRAVELLAR - g-ratter

Votes: 2 0.9%
  • 14. Columbia Convertible Commuter - The Renaissance Man

Votes: 28 12.0%
  • 15. Compax Traveler - Dan Hampton

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • 16. Da BLABBERMOUTH - Jake Sensi

Votes: 6 2.6%
  • 17. Da Brat aka Chameleon - seangee

• 18. Daddy Long Legs - boro

• 19. Der Boten Baron/Felt Red Baron - rydr1

• 20. Destino Flyer - karfer67

Votes: 17 7.3%
  • 21. Earl Grey - kingsting

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 22. Edsel Corsair - scrumblero

• 23. El Chango Laton (That Funky Monkey) - gowjobs

Votes: 13 5.6%
  • 24. El Dinero - cherrydeuce

Votes: 5 2.1%
  • 25. Eliminator - Scribble

• 26. EvansColson-special commander - MazdaFlyer

• 27. Fat trooper - Metal///DIY

Votes: 14 6.0%
  • 28. Fenix - fordsnake

Votes: 45 19.3%
  • 29. Fire arrow - idiotboy

• 30. Firestone Super Klunker - joel.romeo.79

• 31. Flameliner - MrLeghorn

• 32. Gasser - horsefarmer

• 33. Geneva - American Vintage Bicycle Supply

• 34. Gentleman's Indian cycle - Pushie Pirate

• 35. Get-R-Done - tvc15

• 36. Growler Grabber - kim_dude

• 37. Helen A. Handbasket - Heavy Pedal

• 38. HellCamino - nateyboy

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • 39. Hot Fun In the Summertime - Jane Says

• 40. Hot Rod Chopper - 65rat

• 41. Huffman BareFlyte - Dr.Tankenstein

Votes: 7 3.0%
  • 42. Immaculate Deception - brett4christ

• 43. Janky - texasbigjohn

• 44. Jinxed - kensmurray

• 45. Jukadi - us56456712

• 46. Junk Crafted HIGGINS - MONARKofSoCal

• 47. Krazy Horse - KempRacing

• 48. Lady Snake - karl

• 49. Las Ditch F4T - IronDio

• 50. Liberty - bikedudeomaha

• 51. Low Buck Lady Layback - Ogre

• 52. M*A*S*H 4077th - kowalski385

• 53. Middle Child - noodlenoggin

• 54. Mint Trip - Pedal_Junky

• 55. MixFiT - Vin-New

• 56. MotoDromo Special 11 - jasper87

Votes: 32 13.7%
  • 57. Murican Flyer - hammer mechanic

• 58. Nes Quick - darren orange

• 59. Nuthin' Special - metalchewey

• 60. Quasimoto - macncheese

• 61. RAMCHARGERS Drag Bike - roadwarrior

Votes: 23 9.9%
  • 62. Red Sterling 1941 Westfield Prewar Tank Bike - tanksalot

• 63. Red Velvet - Kev Higgins

• 64. Rot-Ten Colson - schwinnspastic

• 65. Route 66 Rollfast Cruiser - Vintage-Iron

• 66. Rusty Trails - SoulGarageOH

• 67. SB-ll aka Sunday Best - gsc

• 68. Schwinn Spitfire Reboot - Yooperman

• 69. Screaming Rabbit - Georgeediii

Votes: 21 9.0%
  • 70. Sil's BDay Present : Que Sera Sera - MplsCoaster

• 71. Silver Surfer - Bike Bum

• 72. Simply Klunkin - heartlandcruisers

• 73. SLIVER - jodphoto

• 74. sweet leaf - cthomps

• 75. The Bonneville Roadster - drabe

Votes: 31 13.3%
  • 76. The build formerly known as Harlequin - GuitarCarl

• 77. The Coop-ster - drangnusa

• 78. The General Lee - ChadT

• 79. The Huffster - DC4L

• 80. The Porcellio - EdgarS

• 81. The Ugly Duckling (Black Phantom Klunker) - schwinn boy

• 82. The Weenie Wagon - Funkme

Votes: 14 6.0%
  • 83. The White Rabbit - order99

• 84. Thunder Klunk - kevin kanouff

• 85. Under Pressure - c1run1

Votes: 9 3.9%
  • 86. Verboten - kingfish254

Votes: 81 34.8%
  • 87. Vinyl Schwinn - Canon

• 88. War Boy - j.sutterfield

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The more that I think about it...........I would really like to see a completely out of the box build off...... with like 2 rules....... pedal power and at least one bicycle wheel!!! I might not compete, but I would be subscribed!

The more that I think about it...........I would really like to see a completely out of the box build off...... with like 2 rules....... pedal power and at least one bicycle wheel!!! I might not compete, but I would be subscribed!
That idea fits in with something I've had in mind for a while. I saw a pedal powered mono wheel at the bicycle museum of america. No idea how it was built,but it was awesome.

Clearly my style of bike is not welcomed here ..

I understand that feeling, I assume I committed the biggest sin by redoing a bike that had been in a build off before. I did not like the bike I did in BO8 and felt I could change it and do better. In my opinion I felt I met my goal and am quite happy with the bike. I will admit I'm disappointed at only 2 votes so far, considering the bike got 36 votes in BO8.

I understand that feeling, I assume I committed the biggest sin by redoing a bike that had been in a build off before. I did not like the bike I did in BO8 and felt I could change it and do better. In my opinion I felt I met my goal and am quite happy with the bike. I will admit I'm disappointed at only 2 votes so far, considering the bike got 36 votes in BO8.
Lol i feel ya there thats what i did last year with the galt town hooligan. New paint, wheels, tires, fork, changed some other stuff. Did horrible in the voting but i ride that bike way more now and love it to death.

Sent from my LGL31L using Tapatalk

Classes wont work because then it would be who is the top rat in the end. I think it needs to go back to stock production frame no cutting of the frame at all even brackets. Stuff can be bolted to or welded to. For those who want to scratch build or hack up a production frame either have an outlaw class or a separate build off. To me what MADE the build off so hard was the frame had to be stock so a builder really had to think outside the box. Ironically kingfish's bike totally gets that i dont think the frame was modified. Its an awesome peice.

I've been thinking about it the past few hours and reading all the comments,I've come to this conclusion.

I'm new here but I joined this site to get ideas,support and advise. There are a lot of valid "arguments" for and against putting builds in classes. But that fact is,I just want to build bikes man. That's it.
My welding and fab skills are lack luster to say the least,that's why Artemus is bolted together. I'll improve my skills over time and build some one off stuff,but for now I'm just having fun learning.
I honestly don't care who gets first or last place,there are bikes at both ends of the spectrum I'd love to have regardless of the category they fit in. Eventually there may be several categories to vote for or the rules could go back to what they were. Either way,once again. I just wanna build bikes.

Fresh perspective here (from a newbie); what about a "lucky loser" category?

Lots of people said that they had 10 or so bikes in the closing round and then picked 3 out of them. How do you feel about a second round of voting (when this one finishes) for a "lucky loser - 4th place"?

Eliminate 3 best bikes from round one from the second voting poll, and give 5 or 7 votes to vote; the bike with most votes in the second round gets a "lucky loser" title.

The point is that people can vote for the bikes they appreciate without the pressure of first three; for that matter you can even do it without the declaration of "lucky looser", just with the poll results.

I would actually be against categories. The year we did that, I felt like the scratch builts/modifieds didn't get near the attention, so that I felt like the redheaded step-child in the build off. I felt like I had to qualify my placement, when it was mentioned. "I placed 6 out of the 27 in my category." I'd rather say, "I placed 11th out of everyone that entered, which was over a hundred bikes internationally." Those examples were two years ago and last year, respectively. The bikes are all different, and that's what's cool about it.

I would support subcategories, if someone wanted to. When you go to a bike show, there are subcategories for best paint. Best vintage. Best custom. But in the end, every bike there has the possibility of winning best of show, which is what this voting determines. Don't take away a bike's chance of best of show just because you feel you might do better in a smaller bike pool. Don't take away my chance of best of show because I made my frame from scratch.

c1run1, your bike is beautiful, and would probably win over all of these at a show like Shiny Side Up. But this is RAT Rod Bikes. I wouldn't expect mine to clean up on this site if I built that. Wrong crowd. It's a pretty bike, though. I dig it.

I would like to see categories and voting within each, then an overall vote that only included the top one or two bikes from each category. Then, I think that most voters would keep a better perspective when comparing the top bikes.

I would like to see categories and voting within each, then an overall vote that only included the top one or two bikes from each category. Then, I think that most voters would keep a better perspective when comparing the top bikes.
I dig that. It would be like a dog show for bikes.

I personally like the NO CATEGORIES as this is RatRodBikes and there is no discussion as to what constitutes a "ratrod." It's all in what you like. I also really like c1run1's build but didn't vote for it (I voted for kingfish, roadwarrior, and Metal///DIY), and I too wish had gotten more votes, but the real prize for me is the beauty of a bike that I pieced together and the kind words from other RRB members, whether or not they voted for me. I really appreciate the camaraderie of the active members here, the dedication of RatRod and the moderators for maintaining a great site and putting on a great buildoff, and the respect we all have for everyone's artistry.

About voting categories… there's nothing stopping people from doing their own sub-categories. I did one for Best Ladies Frame and decided what bikes to include. Renaissance Man did one for Best Photo and chose to include all entries except his own.

Since putting up the Best Ladies Frame voting thread, I also thought of doing a Best Unfinished one for everyone that didn't make the deadline, but decided not to this time. The point is, if you want to start a thread for a particular category such as Best Paint or Best Wheel/Tyre Combination or whatever, then just do it. It's your thread so you make the rules for voting in it. You decide what gets put there to be voted on. You decide what, if any, prize there is. It's pretty simple really o_O

I did my voting a few days ago and went for 5, 75 and 85.

Glen.

If one is into statistics.....I think your chances of getting any votes become smaller and smaller when the field is larger.. but then again, I've failed math at least three times(Or was it four?)

If you didn't get any votes, it sin't because nobody liked your bike, I assure you. I really hated not voting for the other favorites I had because I know how much work it takes and honestly all the bikes were way better than my builds anyway.

After we do the first round of voting, how about another re vote with the top three eliminated, and more votes per voter? I'm thinking ten percent of the entries , like in high school everyone wanted to be in the top ten percent of the class.

Just remember how hard it is to choose when you go to your next bike show and thank the judges for their hard work! Peoples choice awards are even worse, with only ONE to choose.

I like that idea of a top say 20 then make another poll and start the voting again.

Another idea? Since the main build off is an annual event. How about the top 13 vote getters ( leave the actual count hidden) go into a vote off for #1. The top bike would be the cover bike for the next year calendar with each remaining bikes getting a month photo. The calendar could even be the prize for the competitors getting in the top 13. You could even have each entrant required to order the next years calendar as an "entry fee" of sorts. That should give a base of at least 100 calendars sold before production even begins.

I don't know, but it seems like if we keep doing the same thing, we will keep having the same results. I would hate to see contributing members walk away for any reason.

Latest posts

Back