☣☢ VerBoten ☠ϟ - Elgin Twin Evanaction Build - Big Butt Strikes Again!!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sounds great. This build just gets more exciting!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks man. I appreciate all of the kudos and feedback from everyone. I just don't feel like I am making much progress yet. The fork is a big bottle neck right now, so I have just been having fun throwing ideas at it in the meantime. Once I get a ridable rig, then I can start seeing if any of these wacky widgets make sense on the build or not.

Hope everyone has a great Memorial Day!
starsNbars from BO9

I am loving this build, it is going to be amazing when it is done
Thanks man. I appreciate all of the kudos and feedback from everyone. I just don't feel like I am making much progress yet. The fork is a big bottle neck right now, so I have just been having fun throwing ideas at it in the meantime. Once I get a ridable rig, then I can start seeing if any of these wacky widgets make sense on the build or not.

You've got the devil by the tail - light......and that other design emulating the Buick spokes well, I mean, speaks well, of your creativity. Rat on, rat on, rat on!

Went with a different donor fork and got them all cut up, beveled and ready for welding. Ended up needing a 8" steer tube for this Elgin.
Just realized looking at the photo, that I forgot to remove the paint from the welding area.
WP_20150525_15_58_44_Pro.jpg

Also mounted my Massload adjustable dual leg kickstand and mocked up the sprocket.
WP_20150525_16_25_45_Pro.jpg
WP_20150525_17_01_25_Pro.jpg

Holy crap, where did you get those grips?!

Ebay, but I had to buy two sets to get matching pairs, since they come as one 7/8 and one 1".

Got my second set of Flying Machine Bikes bars today. Nice work on these. The thrift chair bars are just like these, but these are about 4" wider.
WP_20150526_15_30_32_Pro.jpg

You are definitely baking while I'm shaking

Get to buildin buddy!!! Draft on up and I'll slingshot you around.

My buddy welded up my steertube extension this morning. I might be able to have a rider this weekend.
Now if I can just find a wheel that is small enough for this fork!!!!! Does Felt make a 5"x3" Mini Brick?

WP_20150529_10_04_06_Pro.jpg

Latest posts

Back