(WBO) Bhuzzard

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The accelerated aging is complete on the tank. :) Just 36 hours ago, it was nicely sanded and painted in black primer.

100_9033_zpsso996uq3.jpg

HA! Thought you could slip in a detail without notice... nice trim around the tank!:D

I NEED SOME ADVICE!
I have just discovered that my clutch is missing two of the clutch pads like in this picture:
New-80cc-font-b-bicycle-b-font-Motorized-Gas-font-b-Engine-b-font-parts-font.jpg

Should I wait until I can order more before I attempt to crank the engine and run it? I was planning on riding it for the first time today but now I'm not sure if I should.:(
This is what happens when you buy used stuff off of craigslist. The guy never had it running but I've already had to order another chain because he had shortened the one in the kit and now this!:mad: I hope that I don't find any more surprises.

Looks pretty good RM! It's great to be able to re-use, recycle, and re-purpose stuff, especially leather goods into seat covers! Hoping you can finish it up! :thumbsup:

Last edited:
I would skip one on opposing sides but thats just me ;)
That was my first thought too, but there are an odd number of pads which would be off balance. I'm inclined to think that it would do fine, but that little voice is telling me to not screw up just because I'm in a hurry to finish today.:comando:

Wait, I could also remove one more and it would be evenly spaced in groups of four. :39:

Here's what I'm thinking:
100_9083_zpsodutmoom.jpg

It seems to me that the only problem that this would cause is faster wear. Since I have to order a new set anyway, it shouldn't matter.

Does anyone have a good reason for why this wouldn't work?

The only thing I could think of,would be a bit of slipping,but maybe not,they are set even.Give it a go,like you said your getting a new set.
Just make sure you check every nut is tight all over the engine,even the carb...Being second hand sounds like the dude didn't know what he was doing.
The chains are short anyway.I have purchased 2 for both engines.

The grips look great.And a huge improvement on the cheap ends.
They def look much better than the cheapo plastic.We don't have anything like that here,I would have to make them from old pipes or something.

Dont see why it wouldn't work ?
and buy the way ..HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!..to your Wife !, My wife's B~Day is tomorrow !

~Rafael~

Once again, there was too much to do in one day so I didn't get it running yet. Thanks to all of you for the advice on the clutch. I do think it will work. I rode the bike and tested it without fuel and it engaged as it should. And Funk, that's good advice on checking all of the bolts (except it's the ones that I failed to tighten). Besides the stem being loose, I have found a few others that got overlooked in my haste!
As I said earlier, this was my last day so I had to stop short on my goal of running the motor so that I could take it out for some pictures. I'll have to go through all of them sometime tomorrow to pick the best few for the finished thread. After a quick look through them, here's a sample:

100_9179_zpsoshmkz7o.jpg

I love how the tank line follows the fender stay lines. Nice work, congrats!

Very cool,'dead str8'
I like that you have hidden the cdi under the tank.
Good idea on the front brake system,I will eventually get a a brake hub and do the same.
With only a coaster brake,your being a suicide bomber(well I am):grin:
With insulation tape around the frame where the engine bolts on,makes less rattle.
But things do come loose,so always check after every ride.
I'm sure you know!!!!
eg: My carb fell off on BA:rofl:
The carb leaked on 1910,the screws came loose holding the bowl.
The brake arm clamp came off,or snapped?
Also the gear changing pin came out...
Have fun...

When I see this awesome build, the word "contraption" comes to mind....in a good way of course. ;)
Um, thanks...I guess.:21:
I love how the tank line follows the fender stay lines. Nice work, congrats!
Thanks for noticing, I had to add a spacer under the front mount to get the lines parallel.
Very cool,'dead str8'
I like that you have hidden the cdi under the tank.
Good idea on the front brake system,I will eventually get a a brake hub and do the same.
With only a coaster brake,your being a suicide bomber(well I am):grin:
With insulation tape around the frame where the engine bolts on,makes less rattle.
But things do come loose,so always check after every ride.
I'm sure you know!!!!
eg: My carb fell off on BA:rofl:
The carb leaked on 1910,the screws came loose holding the bowl.
The brake arm clamp came off,or snapped?
Also the gear changing pin came out...
Have fun...
I've been thinking that I will go back through everything and add lock washers or lock nuts wherever there's a fastener.

Latest posts

Back