2011 red line monocog (urban assault bike)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I bought my monocog new and over the years I've owned it I transformed it into this single speed street machine
cb693b272f0f82b051d4efa9c7a8434b.jpg
7ee5b490f02386408153a2f05771b06f.jpg
4868fdfee74abb1fd2d371439b7a2892.jpg

So far my upgrades consist of race face d2stem , kmc 9 speed x chain , surly ss cog , 29x2.5 maxxis hookworm tires , wtb pure v saddle , fsa pig dh pro headset , and cut an inch and a half off each side of the bars

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I miss my Monocog. Yours looks rad. I'd suggest getting a better seatpost clamp for it; mine slipped til I put a better on on there....

Cheers!
-Rob

I haven't had any problems with the seat post clamp yet but it will probably get switched sooner or later I like to customize all my toys

Yeah, it could be that they fixed it, too. I remember, BITD, all the guys on mtbr said that you HAD to switch the stock headset and seatpost clamp; could very well be that Redline listened and solved that issue by 2011. I think mine was a 2008 29" Monocog.... the ones with the black paint and yellow graphics. Your frame has a sweet color; the 2014 looks nice, too:
http://redlinebicycles.com/bikes/2014-monocog/
A shame the closest dealer is almost an hour's drive from me. They haven't yet posted the 2015 chromoly Monocog, but the aluminum version looks absolutely wrethced.

Yeah the stock headset was garbage so glad I switched it out it really tightened up the front end I'm not too keen on the aluminum frame either I don't know why they would go from aluminum to chromoly back to aluminum it's funny though I really don't like the blue when I bought it I was under the impression I could just peel off the stickers but apparently they don't use stickers its painted on

It's not just stickers under clearcoat?

I think the aluminum framed bike is just replacing the Monobelt from last year. It'll cost twice as much as the base Monocog. I bet they'll have a 2015 chromoly monocog, much like yours in spec, for about $650 or $700.

And, good call remembering that the Monocogs from WBITD were made from aluminum. They had 110mm bmx-size rear spacing, too. Pretty nice, but i'm a committed steel-frame guy.

Yeah I love riding it I rode BMX my whole life but after I broke my back my BMX bike was to small and uncomfortable to ride so I got the next best thing single speed mtb

It's not just stickers under clearcoat?

I think the aluminum framed bike is just replacing the Monobelt from last year. It'll cost twice as much as the base Monocog. I bet they'll have a 2015 chromoly monocog, much like yours in spec, for about $650 or $700.

And, good call remembering that the Monocogs from WBITD were made from aluminum. They had 110mm bmx-size rear spacing, too. Pretty nice, but i'm a committed steel-frame guy.
I thinks it's straight up paint I'm a steel frame guy too aluminum is to stiff I don't like it at all

One thing I'm not to happy with that I wished I noticed when I purchased my bike is that the frame is a defect it's nothing that would make it unsafe or ride abnormally but the little cross bar that runs between the rear triangles is welded crooked it's not a structural problem but I'm pretty o.c.d. And it bugs me to know its crooked and flawed

Ha, definitely not a big deal, but I'm just like you.... it'd bug me, too. Seems like just typical Redline stuff.

Latest posts

Back