Is there a reference of time in the infinite?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0

If there is, does that make our destinies predetermined?

Yes, there is a reference of time in the infinite, Big bang. No, destiny is not predetermined, quantum physics. All possibilities are happening at once. Big bang is just a point in our reality.

Last edited:
I believe that Infinity is not an immeasurable amount of time, but rather-Timelessness, or in a state where time is no longer a factor.

Imagine you could freeze a moment, turn around and look backwards-you would see an uncountable number of 'you's crisscrossing every inch of the globe you have ever traveled, all the way into your Mother's womb and into the separation of your Zygote into sperm and egg. Turn and look forwards and you will see every step you will take until death and cessation of perception.

This IN NO WAY invalidates Free Will. All the steps you have taken or will take were of your own will or from the actions of other upon you. It's just that, with the illusion of Linear Time eliminated, it all happens at once because Time is no longer a factor.

So....why Linear Time in the first place? Stephen Hawking believes that Linear Time is a side effect of multi-dimensional shear forces upon the dimensions that we perceive and know-and since he's got the degrees and I don't, i'm just going to take him at his word...

Or, in the words of a more ancient wisdom-"In the Beginning was the Word. And the Word was of God, and the Word was God". Most readers of the Bible will quickly notice what appears to be two contradictory themes-full, personal responsibility for one's mistakes, and at the same time the refrain the "there is nothing new under the sun" and the perfection of a predestined order of things. So...Free Will or Predestination? Minus the limitations of Linear Time and given freedom of the Infinite, the answer to both choices is simply a resounding 'YES".

:soapbox: :13: :headbang: (don't worry, I confuse Me too)...

I believe every person has a date of birth and a date of death, It's what we do between them that makes us who we are.

Although, Master Oogway says it best, of course

tumblr_mf6ti9A7xT1rs2qgko1_500.png

The more things change, the more they will never be the same. And just remember, Time keeps on slippin', slippin', slippin' into the future.
Oh yeah, and go placidly amid the noise and haste, etc., etc., etc.

Yes, there is a reference of time in the infinite, Big bang. No, destiny is not predetermined, quantum physics. All possibilities are happening at once. Big bang is just a point in our reality.

IF there was a big bang. Two guys theorized they could "hear" the echo of it if they tried. They heard a loud noise and said: "See!!"

I'm not saying there was no big bang. However I am more convinced that there is no beginning just as there is no end. -infinity to infinity, if you will.

infinity is tough to think about and our human minds try diligently to put things so huge into a simple box. I believe this begot religion. Deciding a Great Being(s) created it all, and knows all, make our little brains hurt less. This does not make me less religious. Only conscious of facts and mixing them with my religious education to form my beliefs.

having said that .... The big bang reference really made me want to post this:

bigbangtheory.jpg

Yeah I really get the Higher Power feeling easier than any other belief and have folded that into my own personal life. Not knowing is ok with me though, I do believe there is a higher plane of existence, and the powers there may have been tapped by more than one of the great prophets of the past. So there is something to be said for everything happening all at the same time.

Carl, at this >o_O< point in time...

I do not deny science or the big-bang theory, etc. I do however, believe that a higher power created us and everything else. I do not understand how you can argue against it. It's as if someone came up to you and asked who built your bike and you say, "No one. This bike built itself." Obviously the bike didn't build itself. I look at the existence of humans, animals, planets, asteroids, space etc. the same way. That's just my $0.02 lol I tend to not overthink about this kind of stuff. I enjoy living life regardless of how it all started.

Er, i'm pretty new here...are philosophy threads actually verboten in Other talk? If so, sorry about that...:oops:

Latest posts

Back