"I WISH YOU SOLD ________"

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I would be most interested in buying...

• Custom Frame ($150 - $200 Range)

Votes: 10 32.3%
  • Custom Fork

Votes: 8 25.8%
  • Handlebars

Votes: 1 3.2%
  • Pedals

• Chainring

Votes: 2 6.5%
  • Stem

• Headbadge

Votes: 3 9.7%
  • Seat

• Fenders

• Grips

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Tool Kit

• Total voters

Rat Rod

Owner & Founder
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
After 8 years of owning and running the forum I've had the opportunity to meet lots of people in the bike industry, and as we know, connections can be a very good thing.

One frustration that I've had is the inability to tap into this market by offering unique products that we all really want and can use. What is it that many of us would really like to see produced that isn't really available today?

Some of the connections that I've made might make it possible for me to produce products that could fill these gaps. I wanted to create a poll here to see what you as a member would like to see available from RRB. Also feel free to post your ideas in this thread...you never know, I just might be able to pull it off.

I been off the wagon for a while. But I would like to see more reproduction s2 wheelsets, custom or repro springer forks. Mainly Columbia 5 stars. They're out there just hard to find a set. Maybe even a product of leaf spring style forks. something easy to assemble.

I'll agree with the springer. We don't have a decent selection of new springers at a good price. The repro Schwinn stlye isn't that great a springer, so usually we find an old one, beehive or rat trap, etc. A new strong springer would probably sell like hotcakes.

When you say "produce these products that could fill these gaps" do you actually mean you plan to bring new products to the market or just become an outlet for existing products?
When I look at your list, I don't actually see anything that I "need" that isn't already reasonably available elsewhere, unless you are talking about a new innovation in a frame design or type of fork.
If your plans are for the latter, I hope you are prepared for the expense of some extensive product liability insurance.;)

If any products were made, they would be done through an existing manufacturer that is already producing bicycles and bicycle related parts. Think of it more in terms of a partnership situation.

One example might be a line of RRB frames that mimic classic styling with more modern frame size and geometry.

When you say "produce these products that could fill these gaps" do you actually mean you plan to bring new products to the market or just become an outlet for existing products?
When I look at your list, I don't actually see anything that I "need" that isn't already reasonably available elsewhere, unless you are talking about a new innovation in a frame design or type of fork.
If your plans are for the latter, I hope you are prepared for the expense of some extensive product liability insurance.;)
Since Rat Rod is operating as an outlet any product liability issues I think it would be covered by the manufacturer.

Maybe if liability is a deal breaker, then stick to add-ons or accessories. It would be hard to pin catastrophic failure on valve stem caps.

How about fiberglass conversion tanks? I know a guy...;)

I think frames could be cool. Porkchop did it. I would guess the trick is finding someplace to do it where you don't have to order 10,000 to make the price of them affordable.

I would love to see a nexus shifter (not one that attaches to the grip shift) that doesn't cost you more than you paid for the wheelset.

Not that this is an answer to all of the liability concerns, but I do have all of this set up an an LLC already. I did that when I started offering the wheel sets in the store.

I would almost be piggy backing on another manufacturer's resources in order to have some of this stuff made. Their connections with the manufacturers overseas is what would allow me to get things done at a decent price without having to order an overwhelming quantity.

It's all just dreaming at the moment, but I wanted to know what people here thought they would really be willing to purchase and at what price point. Our little corner of the cycling world is definitely overlooked most of the time so I thought it might be nice to focus on something we could all use or want for our projects.

a vintage looking frame would be cool, along with a matching springer. or a frame that would just work well together with the sunlight delux springer. offer a tank for it too. the only problem I see, if you have a frame made, and they see you order 250, and they sell. are they going to offer their own line?

I like the idea of RRB frames with more of a classic geometry. I don't care for the stretched out frames. Even Klunker frames might be a good deal. Twin Six is offering a diamond frame and fork although more for 29er's or similar wheel size. A springer for that "works" would might be good. Maybe some "doodads" with RRB branding similar to what Electra does.
Might not be a big money maker but a RRB book depicting forum builds and even non-forum builds and techniques might be cool. 1000 dream Rat Rod Bicycles you should see.

I will never have the resources or the connections to get anything done, BUT. I have a few ideas for an add on Springer (like a rat trap style spaceliner) that can be made universal to add to most 26" forks, making a fixed fork into a Springer. Taking it another step further, make the rockers reversible so that you can easily modify it into an extended fork. One step further, blade type rockers that will take the wheel farther out in front of the fork (possibly requiring some different spring rates). But, these would all be small parts that could be cheaply produced and the end user would have plenty of options to make his/her bike unique.

I didn't select any of the things since I can make all of them.
TIRES MAN! TIRES!
Something we cant make would be great! I have some ideas for them but no way to make them become reality. Think about it. Everyone loves cool tires and there are a limited amount of options and not all fit what we are looking for. That and $50-$90 isn't going to break a lot of people.

I didn't select any of the things since I can make all of them.
TIRES MAN! TIRES!
Something we cant make would be great! I have some ideas for them but no way to make them become reality. Think about it. Everyone loves cool tires and there are a limited amount of options and not all fit what we are looking for. That and $50-$90 isn't going to break a lot of people.
Yes! That is exactly what we need! :thumbsup:
Obviously the vintage style 26" but also some raised white letter square edged slicks that say "RatRodBikes" would be awesome!

Luke.

I have always loved the lines of the CWC Roadmaster frames like this one posted in a thread by RRB member "machine age victim":
Roadmaster2.jpg

If it would really be possible to produce something like this with a few modern tweaks (perhaps larger OD tubing, 1 1/8" headset and able to fit wider rims and tires) especially if it was sized for riders up to and over 6' tall, it would be a dream come true for me.

My second choice would be a leaf spring fork. That would be cool.

I have always loved the lines of the CWC Roadmaster frames like this one posted in a thread by RRB member "machine age victim":
Roadmaster2.jpg

If it would really be possible to produce something like this with a few modern tweaks (perhaps larger OD tubing, 1 1/8" headset and able to fit wider rims and tires) especially if it was sized for riders up to and over 6' tall, it would be a dream come true for me.

My second choice would be a leaf spring fork. That would be cool.
This is a good idea. The CWC's are at the top of my list of favorite frames. If this was scaled up to adult size, I'd love to create a scaled up tank to go with it. How about making it a 29er? That would start a whole new bread of RatRod cruisers!

I want handlebar mounted drink holders. A black one with an RRB insignia that says, "hold my beer and watch this". And a red jeweled one that says, "Rat Rod Babe".
I can wait until Monday for them.....just tell me where to $ paypal.

I'd like to see custom sprockets and stems, like BMX type stems but for 7/8" or 1" bars... 1 piece stems. ... Imagine the Coffin bmx stem with Sensor BuiltPoor bars....:cool2:

Latest posts

Back