(MBBO Class 1) Hillbilly ~ Throwing in the Towel!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like a good starting point Pick, is that a twin top bar Hawthorne ?
I kinda like the the rims , I have a front rim like that and have been looking for the matching rear but so far none have crossed my path.
Mark

The wheels are cute. They look like pinwheels; I'd be tempted to paint each spoke a different color.

Good starting point.

...Other than that I have no clue.
Welcome aboard!

When I saw that... "Pig Bike" screamed at me. Pigs were 50's cruisers that kids modified with polo seats and high rise bars. They were the first muscle bikes, and inspired the spark that lit the manufacturing flame in '62 which turned into a conflagration in '63.

You could even "Patina" the frame a little more, throw a polo and low-cut sissy on it, high rise bars, and a tank. I have a new Dyno tank, but probably wouldn't fit that particular tear drop. It's plastic, so may be a ..... to modify. I also have a couple metal ones off girls bikes that might be able to be modified to fit. Let me know if interested.

Regardless... no one's doing a Pig Bike in MMBO3, so you'd be unique in that regard if you went that route.

Looks like a good starting point Pick, is that a twin top bar Hawthorne ?
I kinda like the the rims , I have a front rim like that and have been looking for the matching rear but so far none have crossed my path.
Mark

Yep twin top bar hawthorne.

Thanks Guys!

CRASH: I have a few tanks around here I had thought about manipulating to fit.

Let your inner 13 yr old guide you.:android:

Exactly what I was thinking! When I was a kid we couldn't afford a real Stingray for a while, so I bought apes & a banana seat & made my own. Mowed quite a few yards for the cash. I always wanted to build a chopper but never did. Hmmmmm...................

chopper1.jpg

e791695161441c9794f4568d6df4fae2e1397b9e_r.jpg

choppers1_zps3ed720cf.jpg

chopper1_zps5a4dfbb6.jpg

I say polish those rims to a mirror finish...takes a special kind of crazy to polish stuff like that but I love to polish alum...crash those pics are classic!

I say polish those rims to a mirror finish...takes a special kind of crazy to polish stuff like that but I love to polish alum...crash those pics are classic!
Yeah, I like the black but those rims would be sick stripped and polished.

Carl.

Awesome pics CRASH! I don't know if I have the patience to polish those wheels. Would be cool thogh!

Very Gently! I have a NOS 2.125 x 20 slick I plan to use on the back. Not sure about the front yet but most likely will be skinny.

Latest posts

Back