BUILD CHALLENGE DISCUSSION

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i try to find there site , but no luck ... a quick google image search will give you other sites talking about it tho

Yep, I was all over the Web last nite checking out wooden bikes... I can do this. I'm in.

Just better hope Preston doesn't get in on it. :wink:

http://driftwoodcruisers.com

531541_486595911389855_266257293_n.jpg

894104_496463787069734_590674792_o.jpg

735518_459452087437571_502630065_o.jpg

Holy Woodyful Bikes there ^ !!!
I already started thinking about desing , and i thing i will go for a racing/aero/speed/ bike

OneHorsePower said:
Bump ! Wooden bike build , anyone ? next summer..
Bump !!! for visibility :p

I starting to feel the need to build something . i don't jnow if a can wait till summer :) also leaning for a recumbent bike design instead of the race bike

Would/wood (hehe) a bamboo bike count? They be some cool builds of those done too.

GuitarlCarl said:
Would/wood (hehe) a bamboo bike count? They be some cool builds of those done too.
well bamboo is wood , but idk if using lugs would be considered cheating .. like just changing the tubing for bamboo would be to ease ..

Maybe I'm crazy...:crazy: but I'm seriously considering a wooden gravity bike...
20" wheels, 50" wheelbase, 75 lb limit...

Carl.

why not just enter the challenge with us (any kind of wooden bike) like i said i switched my thoughts more towards a wooden recumbent bike , and i know some will go for the chopper or cruiser kind ... it would just make it more diverse and fun to watch i think ...
why not just call this (Wood-Working skills Bike-build Challenge)??
judged on:
% of wood involve
Complexity
Style

Last edited:
why not just enter the challenge with us...

Yeah that's the plan, just thinkin' out loud. I'm already in the Winter Build-off doing a traditional parts n paint.
So it's mostly about the time frame, cuz I think I'm eventually gonna build this anyway...

Carl.

it should start at the end of the winter and should end at the end of fall , so we all have the time to build whatever in wood without doing a rush job

So.. The Wooden cycle build challenge (WCBC) will include any sort of rolling thing using bike parts and using wood as the main structure(frame) any kind of reinforcements custom parts and bike parts will be allowed ... the goal is to make a rolling cycle made mainly out of wood .. anyone can enter , any level , its all for fun! .

The only thing is i don't know how to create a voting device like other challenge use .
also i know some other challenges are already going on , so those who would like to participate , i would like to know when would you be ready to start this wooden challenge ? for my part , iam ready :rolleyes:

this is the kind of bike l will be building (low racer)
url
url
url

Last edited:
Wow... I'd love to build a wooden bike... just not sure I have the skills :rolleyes: When are you starting?

I suspect I'll be working on Glenderson (winter build off) right up to the finish... so perhaps I'll do something between then and the build off #9 start :39:

Yeah that's where I'm at too. Just finished MuscleBike2, started W2013BO. Finish that March 1st.... BONINE starts in May? Hope the weather breaks soon, but February is always chilly just south a bit from Chicago.... I'm gonna build a Woody but probably not in a buildoff...busy busy got three guitar projects goin', plus kids and a band...gotta make time for my job too!

Carl. :crazy:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back